Pacificmustang’s year. It was pretty good !

pacificmustang

Probably my most productive year for a while, even if some of it was low hanging fruit, like the trailer and tractor! 
The first one done for the year was a carry over from 2020, the Kinetic 1/48 Hawkeye 2000. She’s a big beast 

overhead-2

overall view

With that out of the way. The 2021 builds proper could commence . This year, I got some of my modelling friends to randomly select kits , and they came up with the below pile.

2021 builds

so how did I do? Well not bad really. 
 The hobby boss 1/48 F-105G turned out to be one of my favourite builds 

reveal_Thud_tfocusstackrearqtrHP21-03_23

reveal_Thud_port side21-03_23-2

The Dragon 1/35 SdKfz 7/2 followed. I also built the bronco Models ammo trailer for it to tow

reveal4

flak36_6

Looking for something less complicated, I tackled the Iconicair 1/32 David Brown tractor. Casting was superb and it flew together . I’ve since added that missing headlight and painted the brass towing pin .

untitled

reveal3

The plan started to go a little awry here. Those of you following along at home will have noted the Kinetic 1/48 Sea Harrier  was next. Hmmmm, I thought. Why not make all three Kinetic Harriers in my stash🤨

so, we have the FA2 

reveal4 stb profile

reveal2

the Kinetic 1/48 AV8A

stb profile-2

reveal4

Starting to get sick of Harriers now, I turned to the Airfix 1/48 Gnat 

Airfix 1/48 Folland Gnat T1

Airfix 1/48 Folland Gnat T1

Then, because I was still sick of Harriers, the Riich Models 1/35 universal Carrier. A very nicely detailed kit that was easy enough to build if a little tedious. Talking about YOU, individual track links! 

reveal1_Bren gun carrier

reveal1_Bren gun carrier-5

And because I hadn’t had enough of Harriers yet, the FRS1. I’ll pop this one up on RFI, once it’s base arrives 

isometric

front qtr

And the completed trilogy. I mean was this fun, or what 

three harriers-2

Going off-piste with the harriers meant I never did get to the Hornet. There was also a dalliance with a Blenheim that ended badly

20 kits entered the stash, but 10 got sold, so it kinda evens out.

For next year, I’d like to tackle some of the bigger kits in the stash. We’ll see what happens

A Happy and Prosperous 2022 to everyone . Stay Safe 

Bruce 

• Like 21

Those are all pretty spectacular builds Bruce! That Hawkeye, wow. The trio of Harriers is really good as well, though I gather from your comments the builds were not 🙂 

A stunning line up , they all look splendid models, the Hawkeye really does stand out, although I really like the Harriers.   It's great to see tge Riich Universal Carrier Mk1 built up, got one in the stash for sometime and I keep threatening to start it!!!

Great work on all.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments people. @Jeroen as an individual build, I think the Kinetic Harrier would have been fine. I just don’t think multiple builds are my thing. It became a bit of a chore in the end. Back to one at a time for me. I did enjoy the AV-8 build, so much so that I kept an GR1/3 to do at a later date .

Chris, have a go at the carrier, just set aside time for it!
I probably complicated things by using masterclub individual links. The kit provides link and length tracks which are fine.

Bruce 

• Like 1

Wow Bruce, what a collection. The attention to detail like the bits of grass on the tractor step really add to the overall effects, amazing 😲

• Thanks 1