Warrior FV510 TES anti slip areas?

Phone Phixer

Hello information hive.

Following my Chally 2 TES build, I'm on to the Meng Warrior. Despite Google searches and searching here, I can't find any answers.

Are there any pictures/diagrams of anti slip areas on the Warrior FV510 TES. I'm guessing all upper flat surfaces?

Thanks

Rob.

There is little of the top surface of a Warrior that is designed to be walked on and some of the TES additions will be "no walk" areas.  Unlike a tank, primary access for all crew is via the rear door and not via the top hatches.  There is little or no need for the crew to be walking about on the hull or turret tops.  The only area I've ever seen with anti-slip paint - and then only on the odd vehicle and not universally - was the hull front in front of the driver's hatch.  But on the TES Fit that area is covered by the front armour pack, which does not seem to have anti-slip.  So I would say that you haven't found any because there isn't any.

Edited by Das Abteilung
spelling
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Das Abteilung said:

Unlike a tank, primary access for all crew is via the rear door and not via the top hatches.  There is little or no need for the crew to be walking about on the hull or turret tops. 

That wasn’t my experience of Warrior Das Abteilung  - almost all access/ egress for the turret crew and driver was via the front of the vehicle and across the hull (using three points of contact… 😆). The only times I can recall using the rear doors is dismounting from the turret to command on the ground or in a hide - when mounting from the front meant risk of getting snagged on cam nets.

As to anti-slip, it really seemed to vary between fleets. Some of the trucks I used had it on the turret, others not (I’m pretty sure the BATUS fleet had it for example, but that was a long while ago now). I’m sure there must be something laid down somewhere rather than units winging it. 

Steve 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Phone Phixer said:

Hello information hive.

Following my Chally 2 TES build, I'm on to the Meng Warrior. Despite Google searches and searching here, I can't find any answers.

Are there any pictures/diagrams of anti slip areas on the Warrior FV510 TES. I'm guessing all upper flat surfaces?

Thanks

Rob.

Rob

I found this site which may be of use and is a comprehensive image collection of a BATUS warrior and the various anti-slip areas can be seen. http://www.primeportal.net/apc/dan_hay/warrior/index.php?Page=1

Although not at TES, the armour packs were all bolt-on, so the underlying anti-slip would be unchanged. If I recall correctly, no special armour had anti-slip coatings. 

Hope that helps.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Can't comment on more modern examples but the Warriors I saw in late 1991 (granted, that was 30 years ago - blimey that makes me feel old!) had a fairly comprehensive covering of non-slip paint on most horizontal (and sloping) surfaces - including the turret and hull roof areas.

• Like 1