1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 resin kit by Air-Graphics - released

Homebee

In late Q1 2022 Air-Graphics expects to release a 1/72nd Westland Wasp HAS.1 resin kit - ref. AIRK-7201

Source: https://www.facebook.com/airgraphicmodels/posts/2412599502207238

Thank you for all the get well soon messages. On the mend and glad I had the booster jab a few weeks ago as I am sure this helped keep the worst of Covid at bay.

Something to temp you all with for late Q1 2022. New 1/72 Scale full resin kit of the Westland Wasp so you don't have to go looking for the Airfix Scout kits. This is producted in conjunction with BaxMod (https://www.facebook.com/BaxMod-UK-106937501143509/) and incorporates fully detailed interior, engine sets etc. plus new VacForm canopy.

CS-07 Wasp Conversion set will still be available as will the seperate Wasp and Scout details sets. Weapons sets will also still be available. We are also looking at a full kit of the Scout.

270014508-2412599878873867-2160464552961

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 resin kit by Air-Graphics - box art - release Q1 2022
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 resin kit by Air-Graphics - box art - release in 2022

Sources: 

https://air-graphics.uk/shop/ols/products/airk-001-westland-wasp-full-resin-kit

https://www.facebook.com/airgraphicmodels/posts/pfbid02YUjEFgUG2N78iu2HfkuSDQV4BRV1zeqZ36YPH8ffxw7fm9srbSE6kmNUrQTct8bEl

AIR-72001 ARK-01 Westland Wasp full resin kit is now on the web site for pre orders.

Due 1st July.

Please note we can only do 20 castings at a time so you will need to pre order.

We have already sold the first 9 kits

Original box art

285131711-10229430915223212-541788903736

Box art updated.

ARK-01-Wasp-Label-Rev-A.webp

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 resin kit by Air-Graphics - box art - release July 2022 ?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/1/2022 at 8:31 AM, LN-KEH said:

The box top says injection molded, while the text says resin.

If the production runs are as small as 20, then resin is more likely. 

Their original facebook announcement from 2017 said kit "will be injection moulded with resin details....produced in cooperation with another model company"

• 2 months later...

Ordered mine month’s ago. Supposedly one of 20 “in stock”. Still no sign of it. Inquired once, also months ago. Got a response. Shipping next week.

That, and nothing more to paraphrase Shelley.

• Like 1

I bought the last one from the show. I think the instructions are meant to be online as there were none in the box. Gary seemed to have issues getting them to appear on the website when I asked. Going to ask him to email them to me directly as they’ve still not appeared. 

Everything is there but the mouldings aren’t the cleanest I’ve seen. A few parts show tell-tell 3D printing artefacts. Note decals must be bought/sourced separately. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JamesP said:

I bought the last one from the show. I think the instructions are meant to be online as there were none in the box. Gary seemed to have issues getting them to appear on the website when I asked. Going to ask him to email them to me directly as they’ve still not appeared. 

Everything is there but the mouldings aren’t the cleanest I’ve seen. A few parts show tell-tell 3D printing artefacts. Note decals must be bought/sourced separately. 

Could you post up some pictures of the parts, including the clear parts, it would be really good to see what is in the box and what the kit comprises of.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Could you post up some pictures of the parts, including the clear parts, it would be really good to see what is in the box and what the kit comprises of.

As you wish :D

P1090126.jpg

One of the clear resin doors has a flaw where the flash appears to have folded over onto the windscreen and fused -I'm happy that it can be sanded and polished out.

P1090124.jpg

P1090125.jpg

Lots of flash but very few bubbles. Hot water will be needed to flatten may thin parts. The cockpit is very well detailed. The engine is crisp and looked better than the test shot on Freightdogs stand. As with any resin kit, I'll be looking to replace load bearing structs with brass if possible and may use the Airfix rotor hub/blades if suitable to avoid long term droop! Note no ordinance.  I'm sure AMP will release one before I get anywhere near this.

I do think it's a real issue with Air-Graphics that the website doesn't have images of what you are buying in a lot of cases and previously I've only bought their decals.

Edited by JamesP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 resin kit by Air-Graphics - released
  • 3 months later...

Despite repeated requests for the instructions I’ve had no further replies and they have not appeared on the website. I get that he has a full time job and there can be delays and mistakes, but  4 months have passed now. A real shame that someone undermines a good product with poor customer service. 

the instructions for the Airfix conversion set are available on the website and appear to be excellent with lots of reference material, which somehow makes it even more annoying 

1 hour ago, Trenton guy said:

Consider yourself lucky. I still don’t have my kit and I ordered more than 4 months ago.

I only got mine fairly recently after phoning a couple of times in the end, might be worth doing that.

Chris

• 5 months later...