PK-176 : CHAR B1 bis and Renault FT17 (Revell boxing) Finished!!!

• Marklo changed the title to PK-176 : CHAR B1 bis and Renault FT17 (Revell boxing)

These dual armour boxings were a revelation in their day and its' so good to see Revell re-releasing them at regular intervals. 

Being quite fond of thee weird looking French tanks, I'll be watching closely to see what's inside and how you go Marklo. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

resized_0e41db4e-3137-4bb5-a4d7-0878bea2Sprue shots. It’s actually disappointing to have them molded in a single colour :) 

On small scale AFVs I tend to sssemble then paint. Still need to decide on which scale.

resized_c785141d-a553-4e49-9def-e98c0b72I already have a 1/72 FT in my collection so I’ll aim for something a bit different.

• Like 3

resized_c8263dd4-1075-4c19-b6f6-ba591a5bCracking away on all three components. The FT is almost ready for paint, I’ve decided on a captured panzer grey scheme mostly because it’s the Hotchiss armed version. The Char will be finished soon and the base is ready for paint.

• Like 5

resized_c0384be5-75ec-4a1c-bd8a-a94b65aaAssembly almost completed. In the Char the tracks were not molded properly so I’ve had to cut a section out where the track guards cover the track and splice it into the missing area thankfully it worked out ok. I’ll probably paint the tracks in metallic grey once the camo is on.

• Like 8

Nice work. 

I must admit when this first came out (and I did build them in no time flat) I was a bit disappointed that they paired the Char B1 bis with the FT17 when I was hoping they would have paired the B1 with a R35 or H39.  Lived in hope though that Matchbox would do other French Tanks like the Renault and Hotchkiss and even the Char D2 but alas it was not to be!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3603460-C-041-F-4279-8325-2-B105-ACDA2-DA bit of chipping and some rust applied. Grime and mud next. As both the French tanks would have been about twenty odd years old by this time I’m going for scruffy.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

• Marklo changed the title to PK-176 : CHAR B1 bis and Renault FT17 (Revell boxing) Finished!!!