PK-174 M19 Tank Transporter and Friend PK-079 M24 Chaffee ***Finished***

6 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

Every tank transporter needs a tank to transport, I propose to build Revell's reboxing of the M24 Chaffee as part of this WIP. (Hope thats ok?)

It's better that OK it's brilliant,  "go large or go home" best of luck with these two. :like:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

Two (or is that three) great choices there JB. This transporter just cries out for an additional Tank so the Matchbox / Revell Chaffee is a perfect fit.

I've been toying with the idea of building a Tank, and the M24 is one up there on my list. This should be a great WIP to watch. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1

It's my intention to join in with another transporter, but I have seven other builds to complete before starting, so I will be watching your build while I wait.

Made a start, spent a couple of enjoyable hours on Saturday cutting and gluing. Before I long I had achieved this. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am going to paint as sub-assemblies before final assembly. Also need to sort out a windscreen for the truck, might try Glue'n'Glaze but think the openings may be a bit on the large size.

As everything is basically going to be Olive Drab, i started  on the Chaffee as well. Added some weights into the body of the tank, as I like my armour to have bit of weight to them, also think it helps it sit better when using rubber band tracks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I notice from the photos that there a few gaps that need filling. SO that will be the next job, before priming.

• Like 10

Wow JB.. they are all coming along quite smartly and quite quickly. Every piece looks great and the three make a lovely set. You may have inspired others with this choice of combination! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Chaffee finished.

M19 Tank Transporter + M24 Chaffee

Work continues on the truck.

Used Deluxe Glue’n’Glaze to add the windscreen.

Brought everything together to produce this.

Going to call this finished. Thorough enjoyed these build. Something to be said for a nice simple kit.

Next up a bit of work on my F/A-18 STBG entry before starting on my two Matchbox Helldivers.

• Like 19

A beautiful set of Matchbox builds JB, now please do me a favour - make sure you ditch that cutting mat when its time for those Gallery photos. These kits are too good to have them displayed with that ugly backdrop. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

• Jb65rams changed the title to PK-174 M19 Tank Transporter and Friend PK-079 M24 Chaffee ***Finished***

This set has really turned out beautifully and it has motivated me to try to obtain both kits to (let's just say) follow your lead - 'copy' is too harsh a word. 

Cheers and thanks for the wonderful inspiration.. Dave 

• 4 weeks later...