***Finished***Quick Tempest repaint

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to PK803 737-200 1/200 British Airways
  • PhantomBigStu changed the title to PK-803 737-200 1/200 British Airways
8 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Never realised they did airliners! Was this an original or a Redbox from another manufacturer?

These small scale airlines look to be original Matchbox 1990 releases Max. I’ll admit not knowing this until we got stuck into this GB and began compiling a list together. That plastic kit guru @Ratch pointed this out which was quite a surprise to me as well. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

I'll certainly be interested to see how things pan out with this in bigstu's capable hands. Afraid Matchbox Airliners passed me by as well. 

I've noticed that there are 4 listed and they are in 4 different scales, which isn't exactly a coherent approach. Maybe they were harking back to the ancient "Boxscale" ranges where the standard size boxes dictated the scale required! I've got a couple of old Revell kits like that, maybe Monogram had a range of these too? 

Anyway, good luck with this Stu 👍

Going Irish with this'un....?! ☘️

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This stalled as had problems with the wing tips and some damage, haven’t binned this but not touched it other than to try a new blue I had acquired which better matched the decals, and as I’ve been struggling with mojo I’ve made the decision to put this away in the long term box as part of a mental refresh 

• 1 month later...

Hi Stu

My apologies for not replying to this at the time.

We have as you know a 2 week extension on this GB. I'm not sure if that's an opportunity to take another look at this one or to stick with your original decision to put it to one side.

Either way best of luck with it, when you come back to it. :like:

Cheers Pat 

15 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Stu

My apologies for not replying to this at the time.

We have as you know a 2 week extension on this GB. I'm not sure if that's an opportunity to take another look at this one or to stick with your original decision to put it to one side.

Either way best of luck with it, when you come back to it. :like:

Cheers Pat 

Yeah won’t be squeezing this one in as part of the mojo burnout era, though maybe I might try the meteor….

• Like 1

As part of my crusade to turn all my dead threads into finished builds, one I've started this afternoon will take this over, does have a tenous matchbox link given one of the tempests will be using the leftover nose from my build in this gb so seems right.....anyway Kits a KP V that's becoming a VI......

BB3-FC1-CE-35-F9-412-D-850-B-B24038-C442

Dn plans scuppered at the start, the matchbox nose is too deep for the KP kit......so have to be a regular wartime 5, lucky my surgery has left the kits wing untouched  so it will be proceeding, also means the academy will be the second choice scheme for a post war one…now which do I do first? 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Load of repainting progress on the v, might have had it decal ready had I not wasted a load of time cleaning up the wing where the tanks were, then deciding to fit bombs racks only to then have to remove them and spend even more time cleaning it up as they were used by like one unit on two sorties or something. Haven’t done much on the vi aside from assembly 4628-EA9-A-DC48-4071-B072-70-D5-B9-A1-CB2513-A842-DC08-4-A8-B-A57-F-294-EB82-A04

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Decal ready with the decals I intended which can’t be used as is as revell stuffed them up, was going to paint them sky carefully cut instead found one from the same sqn for spares box code letters which by accounts was a prolific v1 killer.  And yes I’m trying to get myself a v-190-F17-EBF-A065-462-B-A98-F-229-B8-A6-E4 89-BFBF9-E-D3-CF-454-E-957-D-A627-C5-B33

Edited by PhantomBigStu

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***Finished***Quick Tempest repaint