*done* PK-603 V-P finally gets to build the Boeing B-17G

Hello, Vice President.

Oh Oooooh! Here is a new construction of B17; Of course I will follow!

I consider the B17 models as madeleines: too good with a nostalgic smell.

I was dreaming of buying the matchbox, plus life and all that...

You are going to build this B17G for me, which is fine by me because I am going to run out of storage space!😁

I think between us we can recreate the First Bomb Division!

You wrote that Matchbox offers fifteen construction steps whereas Airfix offers over a hundred. What progress!😂

It will be difficult not to add aftermarkets. Hang in there!

I look forward to more photos, and thanks for sharing.

Regards from France,

Eric-Snafu35

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi V-P

How's that B-17 looking ?

Cheers Pat

Haha, well, I just went looking for this thread. I started on page 14 and much to my surprise found it on the first page, thanks to your reminder! If I say this will be finished in this GB, will you take my word for it? V-P

• Like 3

6 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Haha, well, I just went looking for this thread. I started on page 14 and much to my surprise found it on the first page, thanks to your reminder! If I say this will be finished in this GB, will you take my word for it? V-P

Absolutely 

@Rabbit Leader, please reserve a space in the Gallery for V-P, B-17 incoming  ! :popcorn:

cheers Pat 

• Like 2

Ok, last evening at 6ish I had in front of me this sight:

IMG_20220529_175430

175 hours to build a B-17. Challenge accepted!

IMG_20220530_145017

and EDIT: ***p! I have painted too narrow anti-glare panels on top of the cowlings, the need to be corrected :wall:

IMG_20220530_145034

Shows where I am now. They look quite horrible but are about as ready as I will ever try to get them in this group build! I assembled the wings yesterday, then shot them with Games Workshop Chaos Black from a rattlecan, which by the way dries instantly, and soon covered all with Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver. Then I added the anti-glare panels using Vallejo Russian uniform (!?) green. The Matchbox decals have gotten moist during these 40 years, so all there is now is "period correct" (as car restorers say)  Hasegawa production. De-icer boots are painted with a flat tip marker. Horizontal stabs are done too, but I forgot to add them in the pic. The props got Tamiya yellow from a rattle can first, then masked the tips and shot with Chaos Black. Finally I painted the hubs with Vallejo silver and cemented them in place. Exhaust pieces got a black + metal + chocolate brown treatment, they don't look that dark in real life. Landing gear legs are painted with Vallejo natural steel. The fuselage is primered too and it just waits for all the clear pieces and turrets to be added before buttoning it all up. Looking any better now, @JOCKNEY :whistle:? Six days and counting...  V-P

• Like 8

Wow V-P

That's amazing, are you sure that isn't one you made earlier  ? :idea: :wink:

Great stuff mate

However there's no need to show off by printing your own decals as well ! 

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

I will very soon have one Fortress from all the four squadrons of the 381st Bomb Group, all B-17G:s but all in different colour schemes. ***n me but they are not from four different manufacturer's kits as I originally intended! This one needs some anti-glare panels added and some corrected, then the tail de-icer boot and some detail parts... and then... and then :whistle: Will it ever end?

• Like 5

• vppelt68 changed the title to *done* PK-603 V-P finally gets to build the Boeing B-17G

Excellent work V.P, that B-17 has sure turned out very nice indeed. Glad you pushed yourself to finish this one as it looks fantastic all completed. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

(and I will update that link too!). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1