1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 "Fulcrum" by ICM - released - new UkrAF "radar hunter" boxing

Homebee

ICM has announced a new diorama set with a re-release from its old (2008) 1/72nd MiG-29 "9-13" Fulcrum-C".

- ref. DS7203 - Soviet military airfield 1980s - Mikoyan MiG-29 "9-13", APA-50M (ZiL-131), ATZ-5 and Soviet PAG-14 Airfield Plates - Diorama Set - NEW - release Q4 2022

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICMDS7203

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 "Fulcrum" by ICM - MiG-29 9-13 "Fulcrum-C" in 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 "Fulcrum" by ICM - released - re-release MiG-29 9-13 "Fulcrum-C" in 2022
  • 4 months later...

Release expected in May 2022 - ref. 72140 - Mikoyan i Gurevich MiG-29 "Fulcrum" - Ukrainian AF - Ghost of Kyiv

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ICM.Models/posts/pfbid0VZ7FxHQCSAMX2iwiiGYFAaMw9Rf5qBdw91Cp26d5fS437LusBoNzUsyyvuT6JfwVl

AVAILABLE IN MAY!

We do not know for certain whether this person or several of them exist. But we know for sure that the Ghost of Kyiv has become a symbol.

A symbol of the struggle that every citizen of our Ukraine, together with the whole world, has been waging for 2 months.

The symbol of the Heroes who protect us in an unequal battle.

The symbol of the fact that it is impossible to break freedom in three days, even if you have the "second army of the world."

The symbol of the Pilots who protect us in the sky at the cost of their lives.

We knew from the first days that we will release this set. Having started production again, we immediately took up its implementation.

The GOAL of this project is the only one - to make our common contribution on the way to Victory.

50% of the funds will be donated to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Perhaps this money will help buy someone the necessary equipment or weapons.

Yes, inside is our "old" MiG-29 in 1/72 scale.

No, the set does not include the pilot figure.

Yes, the set includes two large decals: a decal with technical inscriptions and a "pixel" camo of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Слава Україні!

279588206-1892851537574442-1043187551062

V.P.

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 "Fulcrum" by ICM - released - re-release MiG-29 "Fulcrum" - "Ghost of Kyiv" - in May 2022
  • 2 weeks later...

I generally don’t build anything faster than my 90hp automobile, but I think I’ll buy this anyway. I’m sure some future nephew or somesuch will want one someday (I plan to try to get them all into the hobby!).

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 "Fulcrum" by ICM - released - new boxing MiG-29 "Fulcrum" - "Ghost of Kyiv"

Ukrainian pilots have downed a number of Russian aircraft, but neither their names nor the number of kills are disclosed for obvious reasons. Is there an air ace among them? Nobody knows. Disclosure and verification will have to wait until the war is over, which will not be soon.

On the other hand, I do not really understand questioning the events on Snake Island. The cruiser "Moskva" arrived, ordered the defenders to surrender, was sent нахуй by them, the defenders were fired upon and taken prisoner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Ukrainian pilots have downed a number of Russian aircraft, but neither their names nor the number of kills are disclosed for obvious reasons. Is there an air ace among them? Nobody knows. Disclosure and verification will have to wait until the war is over, which will not be soon.

On the other hand, I do not really understand questioning the events on Snake Island. The cruiser "Moskva" arrived, ordered the defenders to surrender, was sent нахуй by them, the defenders were fired upon and taken prisoner.

Well the story I've heard about snake island was the Ukranians were ordered to surrender but they told the Russians to go away (in expleteive terms) and they died as martyrs but what really happened was they surrendered and were taken prisoner and are all still alive.   

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 10:48 AM, SeaVenom said:

Love many Russian Migs including the Foxbat, Mig 21 etc (not really interested in the modern ones like the 29) but isn't this story and the Snake island stuff been proven to be fake?   

The wild claims about the Ghost have been declared false, yes...

https://theaviationist.com/2022/04/30/ghost-of-kyiv-eventually-debunked/

As the article states:

Therefore, as explained at the beginning of the war, the “Ghost of Kyiv” was a still is a meme, a collective image of all Ukrainian fighter pilots who bravely fight against Russian Aerospace Forces aircraft over Ukraine: a symbol rather than an actual pilot, no matter what some media outlets speculate.

Edited by RaceAddict
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 6:15 PM, SeaVenom said:

and they died as martyrs

Someone has greatly exaggerated events.

On 5/28/2022 at 6:15 PM, SeaVenom said:

they surrendered and were taken prisoner and are all still alive

In fact, the Russians shelled the island and destroyed the mobile network relay, only then taking the Ukrainian soldiers prisoner. For the Ukrainian authorities, contact suddenly ceased and the soldiers simply 'disappeared'. Given the Russians' 'track record' so far, and the fact that they did not inform about the fate of the Ukrainian POWs, the worst option was assumed, which exceptionally did not happen in this case.

Coming back to the "Spirit of Kiev" - we really have no idea where the Ukrainian Air Force is stationed, how many combat tasks it performs and what real achievements the Ukrainian pilots have. We are unlikely to find out until the end of the war, as any information threatens the security of either the pilots or the places of stationing.

Videos from the front line show that the Ukrainian Air Force, which the Russians declared destroyed on the first day of the war, is still performing combat tasks. This includes even such large aircraft as the Su-24M.

• Like 6