1/72 - Tupolev Tu-2/T "Bat" by ICM - released - new Tu-2S Sabrekits boxings in 2024

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Tupolev Tu-2 by ICM - release Tu-2T in Q2 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Tupolev Tu-2 by ICM - released - new variant Tu-2T in Q2 2022

I think this is a post WW2 variant of torpedo-bomber. I do not know- was it used in Korea?  It could be interesting, if the ICM will release next variants of Tu-2, perhaps the V-engine Tu-10?

Still I do hope for a release of Tupolev R-6 by ICM or anybody else.

Regards

J-W

There is a Tu-2T on display at the Bulgarian Airforce Museum in Plovdiv.

https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/tu-2/misos/bulgaria/bulgaria.htm

I have also visited the museum and should be able to dig out a walk-around series.

Plovdiv is a nice city with a long history and a good model aircraft shop.

I think there was a Tu-2T kit released by AML that was based on the ICM mouldings with additional resin parts and decals. 

6 hours ago, warhawk said:

Is there anything wrong with it, apart from mold being worn out?

It depends how you look at the kit, or rather the Tu-2 kits in 1/72. Basically we only have two - the ICM from 1997 and the Hobby Boss from 2013. That is, we really only have the ICM, because the Hobby Boss is really very simple.

On the one hand, it's been 25 years and it would be nice to have a modern model, with better detail, taking into account the different versions of the plane, including the UTB trainer.

On the other hand, I realize that the Tu-2 is a niche aircraft and such an investment could take a long time to pay off, and there are still many much more profitable subjects that can be done in 1/72.

As for the plastic itself, I don't think there is anything to complain about accuracy. I can no longer remember the name of the modeller who prepared the designs for ICM, but they were done based on the best available data. He even showed on some Russian-language forum the whole process of preparing the model, because in the days before CAD it was done by hand.

Since ICM writes about the Tu-2T release, I think the contents of the box may look like this model. That is, a sprue with torpedoes will be added to the Tu-2 part.

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Tupolev Tu-2 "Bat" by ICM - released - new variant Tu-2T in Q2 2022
9 hours ago, JWM said:

I think this is a post WW2 variant of torpedo-bomber. I do not know- was it used in Korea? 

It could be interesting, if the ICM will release next variants of Tu-2, perhaps the V-engine Tu-10?

The only WW2 variants built in any numbers (so excluding the single prototypes) were the original Tu-2 (M-82), Tu-2S (ASh-82FN), Tu-2U (trainer, 134 built, majority post-WW2) and Tu-2R (22m-span recce, 20 built). 

The Tu-2T (long-span torpedo bomber),  Tu-10 (AM-39, 25 built), Tu-6 (standard-span recce, 50 built) and UTB (ASh-21, wide-nosed trainer, 176 built) were post-war variants.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Basically we only have two - the ICM from 1997 and the Hobby Boss from 2013.

There was the third one - a very poor kit of Tu-2 by Plasticart (GDR) . I agree that ICM/Encore/... kit is the best as yet

regards

J-W

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Tupolev Tu-2 "Bat" by ICM - released - new variant Tu-2T in June 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Tupolev Tu-2/T "Bat" by ICM - released
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Tupolev Tu-2/T "Bat" by ICM - released - new Sabrekits boxing in December 2023
6 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Paging @Corsairfoxfouruncle - Polish! One side window!  Four blade prop!  

Hmmm good looking plane and would be a nice addition to my Polish A.F. Collection. Will need to see about shipping and maybe order it if SWMBO says everything is good. 

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Tupolev Tu-2/T "Bat" by ICM - released - new Tu-2S Sabrekits boxings in 2024
  • 2 weeks later...