Adversaries GB proposal - now at 18

Marklo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Adversaries GB proposal - Halfway there
  • Marklo changed the title to Adversaries GB proposal - more than halfway there
On 12/25/2021 at 12:00 AM, Marklo said:

So yet another idea, I'll probably persist till I get one over the line or get told to stop :)

The idea is to build two models of subjects that were opponents, so it could as broad as  Spitfire and an Me109, or a Sherman and a Tiger, a Mercedes and a Red Bull or a specific fight eg Roy Brown's Sopwith Camel and Richthofens Dr1. Any takers? 

Could be a bit of fun for 2023.

It's a great idea, but I struggle to produce one build for a gb these days never mind two.

....but would it be an idea that we could do two members builds in one thread? i.e. let's say i want to build an F-16, and a fellow britmodeller wants to join me and build a MiG-29. Could we build them in tandem on the same thread? The pace could differ wildly but they would be bedfellows and it would mean we don't need to build two kits? At the end perhaps just one of the team could post both build pics in the gallery (10 shots, 5 of each build).

just an idea. a 'buddy build' could be fun. 🤗

14 hours ago, Dansk said:

e. let's say i want to build an F-16, and a fellow britmodeller wants to join me and build a MiG-29.

Sounds like job sharing :) personally can’t see why not so long as each is counted as a half a GB entry. 

I wonder what the mods would think of it @Enzo Matrix any thoughts ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

Sounds like job sharing :) personally can’t see why not so long as each is counted as a half a GB entry. 

I wonder what the mods would think of it @Enzo Matrix any thoughts ?

I have no objection to that plan.  Of course, both models would have to be completed for the project to be eligible for the gallery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Adversaries GB proposal - now at sixteen and a half: it’s a long story :)
1 hour ago, Dansk said:

cool @Enzo Matrix and @Marklo 👍

now i just need to find a potential partner :hmmm:

anyone up for a buddy build? we can spar on theme ideas after.

What do you want to build ? If there is something I can build against it I can work with you. 

Dang it Marklo you done it to me again. I was going t do a series on something like this in the main WIP. But seeing as you've already come up with the nifty idea , sign my poor behind up. I've got a 1/48  G3M Nell vac and a Nationalist Hawk III just itching to be built.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Adversaries GB proposal - now at 18
On 7/2/2022 at 8:36 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

What do you want to build ? If there is something I can build against it I can work with you. 

great dennis let's do it. what should we do? i guess they should be the same scale - are you ok with 1/48? 

i guess we have time to choose. first thoughts...     su-27/f-15,    f-16/mig 29,    phantom/mig21,     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

great dennis let's do it. what should we do? i guess they should be the same scale - are you ok with 1/48? 

i guess we have time to choose. first thoughts...     su-27/f-15,    f-16/mig 29,    phantom/mig21,     

Yes I used to build in 1/48 exclusively until 2018. I can find something opposite from your choice though F-15 may be a bit harder with the STGB this year ? I say left field choices, which do you prefer jets or props. If Jets lets do something like F-86/Mig-15 or Mirage/Mig from the middle east. If you like prop driven we can go with Hurricane/109 in North Africa or Yak/Mig/ vs 109/190 eastern front. Tracked options we could go with Panzer IV/T-34 or something middle eastern ? 

• Like 1