A Christmas Hurricane.

stevej60

Hi folk's,ten days off mojo deserted a couple of months ago so time for a restoration build.

Zvezda's new quick build Hurricane ii,don't be put off be the title this is a little beauty of a

kit.Box art.

20211224_130423

Our own in house review here.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235097576-hawker-hurricane-iic-british-fighter-7322-172 zvezda-hobbypro-marketing/#comment-41605

• Like 3

Hi folk's made a start yesterday cleaned up the main parts.

20211224_131152

A nicely detailed cockpit is supplied including two four piece pilots,dry brushed the highlights including the radiator matrix's

and instrument panel.

20211227_134121

Final job after fitting the u/c bay between the upper and lower wings was to click in place the fuselage.As I'm doing the nightfighter version

I did add the plates for stopping the exhaust glare reaching the pilot these part's are not in the kit.

20211227_183811

Should get some paint on tomorrow.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Nice nearly pulled mine out to do over the holiday though (hope I don't  your fun) the kits main fault stopped me as its a pain to correct. Watching along, picked the scheme yet? 

Hi Stu,yea the all black scheme just sprayed her up but searching for the prop hub,can't find it anywhere 🙄

Hi folk's sprayed her in Dark gray primer then pure black and NATO black to break up the finish,then glossed for decal's.

20211228_175855

Got most of the decals on tonight without any drama.

20211228_210443

• Like 8