Vulcanicity's Shackleton MR.2

Now, my old mate Charlie, who used to serve in these things, but its no longer with us, would be much impressed y this, the tales he used to tell of his service life in one pf these were incredible! On his behalf, from a better place, well done.

Brilliant job Phil,

Not sure if we're on exactly the same wavelength, but i too am one of those "luddites" that emphasizes the exterior details that are most readily visible. I try not to go down the rabbit hole of throwing resin aftermarket into interiors, unless i have to. I'm definitely a painter, not a super-detailer.

-d-

1 hour ago, sammy da fish said:

I am impressed with your model. Didn’t know there was that much to correct on the model.

sammy

It’s not really correction work; the Airfix Shack is essentially accurate but there are a lot of variations between the various Phases within Marks.  Any kit manufacturer has to draw the line somewhere when dealing with these otherwise tooling costs will rise dramatically and returns will diminish accordingly.  Also all of the Mk. 2 Shackletons that Airfix would have had access to had been converted to AEW configuration, although WR963 at least has been partially de-converted back towards MR. 2 standard.  As it turned out Airfix had planned for an AEW boxing of the kit so the AEW-specificities airframe mods were appropriate for [one of] the kit(s).

She looks beautiful - well done.  And very well done tracking down the actual changes between the phase mods - that's a project in itself!  Every time I see one I'm tempted to do another for some reason 😲 

Happy Christmas Everyone!

Al.