Bertie's Year 2021

Bertie McBoatface

20 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

We all have that problem, it's so you think "what the heck, I might as well build it"  :shrug:

I say the darned thing was spring loaded, Jack-in-the-box style.

But ain't it great when you pick up a kit box and it feels solid, dense, heavy like gold!

• Haha 1

A very nice collection there, and you've got some really interesting AFV builds on the slate for 2022.

That Tamiya Achilles is a cracker, like the Valentine and the Archer, especially as they come with such nice crew fugures. I'm looking forward to seeing them take shape!😀

All the best,

Ian

15 hours ago, SallysDad said:

Your son could make a few bucks, pounds, by printing these for a few old nerds like me... :)

Actually, not so much. Cleaning up the printed figure is very labour intensive, and with marketing and delivery, there's no money in it at the current state of the tech. It's just a hobby to him, making things, and fortunately, it dovetails with my hobby of painting things. 

It can work in certain circumstances. I see a lot of this type of figure coming out of China via eBay; cheap labour, subsidised postage (maybe), and cheap marketing, I assume.

2 hours ago, IanC said:

A very nice collection there, and you've got some really interesting AFV builds on the slate for 2022.

That Tamiya Achilles is a cracker, like the Valentine and the Archer, especially as they come with such nice crew figures. I'm looking forward to seeing them take shape!😀

All the best,

Ian

Thanks Ian. The first of the Valentines, converted to represent the prototype, is nearing completion of the build phase and is an easy paint job. I hope to finish it by Friday.

From one newish member to another, great collection for the year. Your figure works great and love the French fancy gb build in particular. 
  I too think it’s a good idea to queue up your next years planned projects (sort of set the target for yourself as well, in a good way.) and looking forwards to see you me finished products.

paul 

42 minutes ago, Muchmirth said:

I too think it’s a good idea to queue up your next years planned projects

I've never done this before. I hardly plan how a single model will end until I'm half way through it, often with painful results.

Maybe this will work.

A year is an awfully long time for Mr Inconsistency (me) to stick to anything, so I'll be as interested as you to see the finished products, if any. 🤣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Lightning boy? Not so much then 🤣

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I guess you mean the Whooshroarrrrrrrr Lightning of old?

That Miniart M3 is the scariest one of the lot for next year. I rate my chances of finishing it within the GB as 'poor to none'. I can't even get the bags back into the box!

Definitely not so much lightning about me & yes the one that went whooshroarrrrrr! 🤣

I've built up & painted the lower hull & interior & one of the tracks. That's as far as I got. I've currently got one of those Ferrero clear plastic boxes full of those little bits of plastic for the other track. Once I've had the required therapy i'll crack on with it! If I remember that's 70 links each one made up of four parts!

10 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

I've built up & painted the lower hull & interior & one of the tracks. That's as far as I got.

I admire you for doing the track first, even if it did break your mojo. I always intend to do that but never have so far. I've just spent two days on the tracks of my Vally right but not until the point where I couldn't get on with anything else until they were done.

8 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I admire you for doing the track first, even if it did break your mojo. I always intend to do that but never have so far. I've just spent two days on the tracks of my Vally right but not until the point where I couldn't get on with anything else until they were done.

I need a full clear day with no other distractions & one of them is either sunshine or anything with wings! If it's a crap day then it's a tank tracks day but today it's been family then I had to complete a commission build for a friend, again that has wings. Just about to post in the RFI & my final build completed for 2021.

As for tracks, building them from the kit like that draws looks of either horror or ridicule from club members with the sound advive of buying some ready made tracks or the Friulmodels tracks, which I might actually give in to. Undecided yet!

On 12/23/2021 at 3:51 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

y4mEWLfufnoweuVDP3GX04byXNXTmWkzUS04cia2

First the Canadian Ram Tank (all armour is 1/35) from Bronco.

Love the whole pile of them Bertie, good to know these exist. I always wanted to build one. Im also starting to get curious about WW1 armor so nice to see the camouflage. 

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Love the whole pile of them Bertie, good to know these exist. I always wanted to build one. Im also starting to get curious about WW1 armor so nice to see the camouflage. 

Thanks Uncle. 

WWI armour is fascinating I think. Steam punk! Some of them were painted in dazzle camouflage too. Fabulous effect. 

• Like 1

Really impressive both for the sheer variety and consistently high quality of your many builds. Very nice preview of your upcoming year as well, look forward to seeing how you get on 👍

21 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

Some amazing models there!

And good luck with the build agenda for 2022! 

I'm sure you can do most of it!

Thank you.

The hard part about next years plan will be avoiding buying any more kits!

5 hours ago, opus999 said:

wow, such a wide variety of kits and they're all beautifully done!  Nice work... I can't wait to see more this year!

Thank you very much

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Really impressive both for the sheer variety and consistently high quality of your many builds. Very nice preview of your upcoming year as well, look forward to seeing how you get on 👍

Thanks, Alan. 

9 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

A great selection of models, I realise looking through that I had seen almost all of them on their respective WIP or RFI posts thanks to some fascinating post titles, but never realised they were the work of a single builder!

I'm Bertie the Clickbait Queen! 🤪

Thanks Tim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

Very nice 2021 collection and a ballsy plan for 2022; a win on both counts.

Thanks Mark. 

I must remember not to be disappointed if my plan doesn’t survive long after encountering those terrible enemies, time and life.*

That said, my first completion of 2022 is right on schedule so far. 

* Great magazines, implacable foes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I must remember not to be disappointed if my plan doesn’t survive long after encountering those terrible enemies, time and life.*

“No plan survives contact with the enemy” - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke the Elder.  Not quite what he actually said but you get the gist…