HL-10's 23 Builds for 2021!

HL-10

Somehow I've managed to finish 23 builds in one year... Maybe I need a hobby!! 

First off is Zvezda's Brand new 1/72 C-130! Absolutely smashing kit.

1-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

Next off the mark is Heller's old 1/72 Nord Noratlas, still nice despite its age, and taping decals to a window to solve the yellowing...

2-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

Changing things up a bit, I went with Amusing Hobby's 1/35 Centurion AVRE

3-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

After which I decided to have a therapeutic camouflage session with Trumpeter's 1/48 SM.79

4-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

Followed by nearly sanding through the fuselage halves to get the Special Hobby 1/48 Barracuda's cockpit to fit!

5-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

For something a bit bigger I went with HK's new 1/48 B-17F with the nose art being hand painted

6-1.jpg

6-2.jpg

Still thinking big, and with the crazy camos still in mind, I converted Revell's 1/32 Ju-88 to a night fighter with AIMs conversion set

7-1.jpg

7-2.jpg

Then having caught the Gerry Anderson Bug I decided 2 Thunderbird 2's would be in order, and maybe the hangar to show one off in...

8-1.jpg

8-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

9-2.jpg

Still not having Kicked the Gerry Anderson Theme, I made a Moon Mobile from UFO, scratchbuilt. 

10-1.jpg

10-2.jpg

Jumping back into reality I then tackled the New Whirlwind F.1 by Special Hobby in 1/32

11-1.jpg

11-2.jpg

Joined then by the Roden 1/32 Skymaster

12-1.jpg

12-2.jpg

Here's Hasegawa's 1/48 Phantom FGR.2

13-1.jpg

13-2.jpg

Followed by the Kittyhawk (RIP) 1/48 Kaman Super Seasprite

14-1.jpg

14-2.jpg

Jumping back to the RAF Theme though, I went ahead with Kinetics new 1/48 Harrier GR.1/3

15-1.jpg

15-2.jpg

Joined by the Airfix 1/48 TSR.2

16-1.jpg

16-2.jpg

And the Old Monogram 1/48 F-16

17-1.jpg

17-2.jpg

Deciding the F-16 and 1/48 TSR.2 weren't enough in terms of plastic wrestling, I then tackled the old Airfix 1/48 Jaguar

18-1.jpg

18-2.jpg

Followed by the Classic Airframe's 1/48 Gannet, because who said modelling was easy?

19-1.jpg

19-2.jpg

Taking a break from kits which fit where they touch, I went ahead with a 22' Eagle Transporter

20-1.jpg

20-2.jpg

Then decided to ease myself back in to 1/48 aircraft with a new 2021 Airfix Chipmunk though it decided to have a bit of a fight going together too...

21-1.jpg

21-2.jpg

Though the 1/48 Gnat gave less of a fight!

22-1.jpg

22-2.jpg

And then why not, I might as well have a fight with an airfix 1/48 buccaneer too!

23-1.jpg

23-2.jpg

I certainly count myself lucky this year, in having such a safe and healthy one, as well as being in the position to spend so much time at the bench as well. I decided to challenge myself to a few more challenging kits this year and I have certainly enjoyed it! 

As this year comes to a close, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, a happy and healthy new year, and an apology to anyone who received an RSI from having to scroll this far (Sorry!!) 

May we all have many more enjoyable years at the bench!

Thanks

Angelo

• Like 25

I can't believe you did all this in one year, that's amazing! I like them all but my favourite is the Gannet (never heard of it before now, I usually build stuff which stays on the ground). Well done!

• Like 1

Once again, thank you very much for all your comments.

They are very much appreciated :)

Happy new year, and happy modelling  

• 3 weeks later...