Canberra B6, TT18 restorations

72modeler

• 72modeler changed the title to Canberra B6, TT18 restorations
1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Hi Mike

I did indeed, rather splendid don't you think? I've been helping John Fisher a bit with things, and the Australian TT.18. It's a shame we can't have the same in her country of birth! I live in hope, but seeing as the only prospect is WK163 I'm not hopeful. What I'd like to see is someone get a B.57B/E back in the sky. I hope you have a good and happy Christmas and all the best for 2022.

John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canberra kid said:

What I'd like to see is someone get a B.57B/

There are enough of them still around on this side of the pond- didn't NOAA or NASA have a couple of E's that they flew for quite a while that should be in pretty good shape? I wish they would remove the RB-57A that has been on outdoor display here at Lackland AB for so many years and either restore it and move it indoors, or better yet, sell it to the late Paul Allen's museum and restore it to flight! (I can dream, can't I?) When we were stationed at Itazuke AB, Japan from 1955-57, there was a beautiful all black B-57B at one of the open house displays that put on quite a show- I was eight or nine, and I thought, when they lit the Coffman starters, that the thing had caught fire! Those were the days!

Mike

Same holiday wishes to you, my friend!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, canberra kid said:

I'd like to see is someone get a B.57B/E back in the sky.

Best I can offer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvmVTzN8exQ

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/NASA926

926 and 927 have flown recently, 928 not for over a year

• Thanks 1