1/48th Airfix DH. Vampire FB.9, 8 Sqn, OC`s aircraft, Middle East, mid1950`s

Guys, this doesn't have to be a tail sitter! I filled the nose from the rear of the instrument panel with chips cut from lead sheet. I kept loading it  and checking the fit of the nose cover . The good thing is this can be done standing on its gear until you get the balance right. I sealed the lead with crystal clear and glued the nose on at the same time. It will sit back but not unless I put it down. This kit is going to make Airfix a lot of money I hope as it is a little cracker.

Keith

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Britman said:

Guys, this doesn't have to be a tail sitter! I filled the nose from the rear of the instrument panel with chips cut from lead sheet. I kept loading it  and checking the fit of the nose cover . The good thing is this can be done standing on its gear until you get the balance right. I sealed the lead with crystal clear and glued the nose on at the same time. It will sit back but not unless I put it down. This kit is going to make Airfix a lot of money I hope as it is a little cracker.

Keith

I was hoping someone else would weigh in on the tail sitter issue.

Beautiful build Tony!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Great looking Vampire with the silver looking just right :coolio:

Rob

Thanks Rob,..... glad you like it mate,..... I tried to make it look a bit weathered and son scorched,..... but not too much!

8 hours ago, DaveH said:

Very nice, very clean build...

DaveH

Cheers Dave,... much appreciated.

4 hours ago, Britman said:

Keith

It doesn`t Keith,.... and hopefully my next one won`t,...... but I`ll say it how it is,...... I thought that I had added plenty and there wasn`t enough, even after I had done the obligatory C of G Check and it tipped forwards during assembly. I too hope it sells well and have stated so many times now. But well done with yours.... you clever devil!

4 hours ago, Scooby said:

I was hoping someone else would weigh in on the tail sitter issue.

Beautiful build Tony!

Thanks Scooby,.... like you I say it how it is mate,...... lovely kit,.... but hard to get the nose weight correct. I`ve advised a few people not to be despondent about this and to buy the kit anyway, with this proviso, that they should maybe pay more attention to the issue.    

• Like 2