Finnair Boeing 757-200 in 1/144 scale

Einar

The plan and goal in developing the Boeing 757 was to replace the already ageing Boeing 727. The new plane type made its maiden flight in 1982 and during the next 12 years some 1.050 pieces of Boeing 757 were built in two different versions.

In their fleet Finnair operated seven longer fuselage Boeing 757-200's powered by Pratt & Whitney 2000 engines. These planes were mainly used for chartered holiday flights and I also flew a couple of times with them to Madeira and to the Canary islands. The planes’ seating was normally very cramped and the Finnish holidaymakers gave the Boeing 757 the nasty nickname ”the guinea pig cage 🙂 

I built the model from an excellent Authentic Airliners resin kit in 1/144 scale. There were no problems in assembling the model; only a bit of sanding and putty here and there was needed but nothing special worth mentioning.

I bought decals for the the Finnair livery from Draw Decal and the cockpit window decals from Authentic Airliners. The corogard and stencil decals are from Flying decals.

I painted the white areas of the model with Tamiya Fine surface primer coated with Tamiya gloss varnish spray TS-13. The gray areas in the wings and stabs were paint brushed with Xtracolor X150 (Canadian voodoo grey). I also used various Humbol and Vallejo paints for details.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 21

42 minutes ago, Malair said:

Very Nice build! Indeed, if you want quality, Authentic Airliners is the way to go. 

Thank you!

I fully agree on AA quality

Cheers

Einar

4 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Very nice indeed Einar. A simple, elegant livery on a 757 - what's not to like?

Thank you very much!

Einar