Hello from Ipswich UK

Nippon Kaigon

Getting back into scale modelling in retirement, when the weather's too cold or wet to be on a motorbike! Enjoying a few 'straightforward' 1:48 & 1:32 aircraft whilst I summon up the guts to start my real love - 1:350 naval. Did a Warspite a while back and it was OK, but have treated myself to the Hasegawa Akagi - all 800 pieces of it! Terrified of PE and rigging, but my fascination for the Imperial Japanese Navy is such that here we go! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, welcome aboard. I'm a ship modeler too but of the more simple Airfix 1/600 kits. And I've yet to attempt PE or rigging. I'm looking forward to seeing your models. Regards, Jeff.

Thank you. Very fond memories of the Iron Duke and the Hood as Airfix kits that fuelled my obsession! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nippon Kaigon said:

Hasegawa Akagi - all 800 pieces of it! Terrified of PE and rigging,

:welcome:to the forum. That ship looks to be a challenge, don’t worry about the PE. Regards the rigging, have a look at these, they do make like much easier when attaching rigging.

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Jon

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Feel free to rock up and look us over.

Just remember to bring your running shoes for a quick exit, as I know a few from this club and they're.... unusual :mental:

:welcome: to the forum too ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I shall treat that remark with the contempt it deserves :tease:

To be fair, it was a 50/50 dig at you and @Julien, mainly because I know you're both big enough and ugly enough to take it ;)

1 minute ago, Julien said:

As will I

Glad to see I didn't have to spell it out for you ^_^

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Just remember to bring your running shoes for a quick exit, as I know a few from this club and they're.... unusual :mental:

:welcome: to the forum too ;)

Nah, perfectly normal for this part of the world.  I am just glad that I only live here & don’t come from here!   Spent best part of ten years working in Ipswich.  Hope you enjoy it here

7 hours ago, Faraway said:

:welcome:to the forum. That ship looks to be a challenge, don’t worry about the PE. Regards the rigging, have a look at these, they do make like much easier when attaching rigging.

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Jon

Thanks Jon, the link looks useful - I have some biplane pending too!

On 25/12/2021 at 08:57, Steve86 said:

Hello and welcome along from just down the road from you, and do come along and say hello at the Ipswich club!

Hi Steve and thanks for the welcome. I'll get along to Rushmere some time soon! 

Having spent seven years on and off working out of Wattisham I have the fondest of memories of Ipswich and East Anglia; I envy you in the nicest way. Welcome to the Forum.