Good "GREIF" is that the best you could come up with !

This Blitzenbuild victim will be wingless, due to needing to be a stealthy build while staying at the sister-in-laws over Christmas. 

The build will be a dad's army approach, i.e. Sneaking off for a bit of covert, plastic fondling !

Here's my chosen victim the ESCI 1/72 SD KFZ 250/3 Half track, which I believe was Rommel's personal,transport.

IMG_6238

IMG_6239

IMG_6240

IMG_6241

Good luck everyone 

Cheers Pat

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Jinxman said:

That looks like a nice little kit - assume you are using the one piece tracks though! 😁

Absolutely :like:

Now does anyone know how to join the 2 ends together ? If memory serves they were unstickable back in the day !

Cheers Pat 

Hi Pat,

this is a nice little sneaky kit. All the requirements are met.

The only two tanks I have ever built have been Esci armor! I cannot remember having had trouble gluing both ends of the tracks, but at the same time I have no recollection of how I did it... So I am totally useless to you and you have the right to tell me to sod off...

BUT, I do remember having loved every minute of these builds.

You will have fun, even if for only 24 hours!

Cheers mate

JR

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

? If memory serves they were unstickable back in the day !

Some kits will glue with regular liquid poly,  my tiger for  example, some with CA the tried and tested method of a heated screwdriver, or failing that a small staple, which can be hidden by weathering. 

• Thanks 1

On 23/12/2021 at 00:02, JOCKNEY said:

I believe was Rommel's personal,transport.

So, how long was Rommel driving around in 'them thaar plastic veee-hickels', Pat? 🤣 🤣 Good luck with the stealthy ops mate.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I want to know what happens when Pat is caught!!!  Pat = Stealthy ...........  :rofl2:

I am not sure Rich, but I think that it may involve a couple of house bricks and certain dangly bits. It shouldn't hurt too much though, I understand that you only feel pain if you get your thumbs in the way. :rofl2:

• Haha 6

Kick off at 01:01

IMG_6243

I've forgotten what a nightmare lots of wheels are !

IMG_6245

The crew have been in action against something of heavy caliber !

IMG_6244

Session finished at 02:30

IMG_6246

This time with the clock visible !

IMG_6247

• Like 4

Are you finished or have you been discovered?

All the Scots lasses I have known when I was much younger had a terrible temper...

Capture does not bear thinking! Give us proof of life!

JR

• Haha 2

Hi JR

Rumbled I'm afraid, absolutely no chance of completing this during this GB, "when we've got all this stuff that needs doing, and you are wasting time...." you can probably guess the rest ! :chair:

I will try to get it finished in the current KUTA GB, as if I leave it too long, it with join the lost souls on the shelf of doom :weep:

I knew I should have stuck with an aircraft.  :doh:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi JR

Rumbled I'm afraid, absolutely no chance of completing this during this GB, "when we've got all this stuff that needs doing, and you are wasting time...." you can probably guess the rest ! :chair:

I will try to get it finished in the current KUTA GB, as if I leave it too long, it with join the lost souls on the shelf of doom :weep:

I knew I should have stuck with an aircraft.  :doh:

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat,

the KUTA is a perfect spot to finish your kit.

I know we both suspect our respective wives are actually twin sisters separated at birth...

They are even using the same words!!! "You are wasting time " is horribly familiar...

Let us make sure they never meet, or we are both toast!

You just have to polish your stealth modelling.

Have fun!

JR

• Haha 1