Zebra's 2021

zebra

2021 - what a rubbish year. Good riddance to it! Events of 2021 really sapped my mojo and there were some modelling projects I really wanted to do at the start of the year that just didn't happen. Despite all that I'm really pleased with what I did get done this year.

It started slowly - didn't finish anything until April - with the Norseman and Otter I built in the Australia and NZ group build:

1/72 Norseman

Qantas DHC-3 Otter

Then there was this Hercules - Minicraft 1/144 kit converted to an L100-20 using a Welsh Models vacform fuselage, and custom printed decals

1:144 L-100-20

A couple of Skyhawks next - both Hasegawa 1/48 kits:

1/48 A-4K Kahu

Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M

Then things took a turn in a civvie direction, starting with this Revell Embraer 190 with Nazca decals for this Alliance Airways scheme commemorating the 100th anniversary of the RAAF:

1/144 E190

Rusair 1/144 Antonov An-10 - a nice little resin kit that has me wanting to seek out more Rusair kits:

1/144 Antonov An-10A

Next was my favourite build of the year. Zvezda 1/144 Il-76 converted to an Il-76LL engine testbed with a 3D-printed test engine and custom decals:

1/144 Il-76LL

Sticking with Russian airliners and testbeds, next was the Zvezda 1/144 Tu-154M with custom printed decals for the Gromov Flight Research Institute:

1/144 Tu-154M

And another Tu-154M in Guyana Airways colours (Classic Airlines decals):

1/144 Guyana Airways Tu-154M

The F-RSIN Plastic Bristol Britannia was next. A bit of a tribute to my Dad, who passed away on July 3 and had given me this kit for Christmas a few years ago. He was quite excited at the time that I wanted to build a Britannia, and I wish I could have shown him the finished model. 

1/144 Britannia

Eastern Express 1/144 Q400 in the unmistakeable FlyBe purple colours (the purple hasn't come out properly in the photo):

1/144 Flybe Q400

Eastern Express Viscount 700, F-DCAL decals:

1/144 Viscount

Amodel Caravelle 10R:

1/144 Caravelle

And finally - Roden C-133 Cargomaster:

1/144 Cargomaster

That makes 15 builds, with the C-133 just creeping in before the end of the year - despite everything this is the most I've managed since I was a teenager. Meanwhile I have some interesting plans for 2022 and a psychologist who's got me doing some "behavioural activation" which involves deliberately setting aside time for modelling at certain set times each week, so I'd better do as I'm told!

merry Xmas and happy new year to everyone on BM

Julian

• Like 19

It was indeed a rubbish year, Julian @zebra, but you've got a heap of stunning models to show for it.

If I were to pick out my favourites.........I wouldn't know where to start ! Britannia ? yep !......Viscount ?  yep !.......Aussia pair ?  naturellement !..........Russian builds ?  yep !

Oh sod it ! they're ALL favourites ! Wish I could get the sort of finish on my builds that you achieve !

Christmas & New Year good wishes to all on BM.

Rog

• Thanks 1

Nothing rubbish about your 2021 output Julian! All great builds. And what a great ideas this psychologist of yours has 🙂 ... Sounds like good advice. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Its great to see a lovely collection of classic air liners.

My wife's a psycologist but she usually finds me jobs when she sees me at my work bench!

• 4 weeks later...