"Guy Martin's Lancaster" on Channel 4

spruecutter96

Just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it. OK, this is un-ashamedly a "popular history" programme, but it is very much one of the better ones. Highly recommended. It was good to see him spend a section at East Kirkby with Just Jane. 

Chris. 

PS: I still can't work out how either of the two Lancs Guy is seen working on are technically "his", but I guess they just wanted a snappy, attention-grabbing title for the show.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending some information.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

PS: I still can't work out how either of the two Lancs Guy is seem working on are technically "his", but I guess they just wanted a snappy, attention-grabbing title for the show.  

I think you've the mistake I often do, of basing your understanding on what words mean, enhanced and clarified by the accepted rules of grammar. I don't think it works like that anymore.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Watched it this evening.

narrator "This is the first Lancaster gun turret to be fired for 50 years."

me: "That's not a Lancaster turret"

my wife: "Guy Martin is very cleaver isn't he?"

me: "Its an American B17 turret. Why did he say it was from a Lancaster?"

my wife: "I do like his programs..."

It was worth watching but a little less detailed than his usual stuff. Interesting to watch him taxi the Lanc.

Must admit, I hadn't picked up on the fact it was a B-17 bubble... I did think the bullets looked very large for .303 rounds, though. Oh well, popular history strikes again, I guess... Still, worth a watch. 

Chris.