Italeri Dakota Raspberry Ripple

I built this back in the late 80s after seeing it the Fairford airshow in 1985 using the Italeri kit and Modeldecal markings. Fast forward many years, the paintwork had suffered and the the wing was cracked following a short flight so I decided to rebuild it using the Xtradecal markings.

2351ddea-1c3f-4a46-b7fc-93484d0aae6c.JPG
d146b908-316b-468b-8dd2-e3e1f467ab6c.JPG
9ef8515e-0319-4219-be92-31944a46a523.JPG

The original Modeldecal markings came with a 50th anniversary sticker which I managed to find again

6c0ce57d-3601-49aa-ba25-8cce9474c59a.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

A fine looking Dakota in a very attractive scheme.

I built this very one a few years ago, but I varnished it with Humbrol gloss enamel, but over time it yellowed on the white areas. You may have just spurred me on to repaint mine.

Thanks, the white on mine (Humbrol) had yellowed and after the damage I thought it deserved a rebuild. The Xtradecal markings are better than the Modeldecal.

Steve

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

On 22/12/2021 at 01:33, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Love it, love it, love it!  It looks wonderful, and the Andover in the background gives the right touch to your test fleet.  Nice job!

I'm slowly working my way through all the Raspberry Ripples and did these two side by side to make use of the colours being in the airbrush.

On 22/12/2021 at 02:09, Learstang said:

Excellent job on that colourful Dakota! And nice diorama.

Regards,

Jason

On 22/12/2021 at 03:04, kapam said:

Beautiful job, which must have demanded a lot of careful masking!

One again proving the Italeri kit makes a fine replica in skilled hands.

:clap2::clap2:

On 22/12/2021 at 06:07, Andy Dyck said:

Superb dio!  Is that Hangar the Polish kit??? Looks awesome!

Masking wasn't difficult as it's mostly straight lines and didn't take long to get done

The hangar is the Polish card kit and is a decent size, I've added LED lights to the interior as it's very dark inside. A bigger hangar would be good though to get something the size of the Andover in......

12 hours ago, Skymonster said:

Lovely job - it’s such a shame the RAF had it repainted in a much more boring colour scheme

It is a shame it was repainted but at least it's being looked after and still earning it's keep with the BoBMF. Far too many of the test and trials aircraft were scrapped or burnt once they were no longer useful.

Steve

• Like 3