For your agenda - Monday 10th January - 4.PM - Airfix 2022 range launch

Homebee

1 hour ago, 12jaguar said:

I'd still like to see a new Jaguar in either 1/72 or 1/48, there was an in depth Cosford Jaguar aerodrome article on the Airfix website about 18 months ago so you'd hope ifb they'd carried out some research then it would be coming to fruition now 😉

Not sure if this qualifies as a RUMOUR... ("report of uncertain or doubtful truth") but when Airfix designer Paramjit was on Flory Models show chatting some months ago I am certain he suddenly dropped into the conversation a question of what load/stores would  people expect to see on a Jaguar (kit?). I may have imagined it or read too much into idle chit-chat... but hey... isn't that how rumours start? 😉

Rich

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RichG said:

Not sure if this qualifies as a RUMOUR... ("report of uncertain or doubtful truth") but when Airfix designer Paramjit was on Flory Models show chatting some months ago I am certain he suddenly dropped into the conversation a question of what load/stores would  people expect to see on a Jaguar (kit?). I may have imagined it or read too much into idle chit-chat... but hey... isn't that how rumours start? 😉

Rich

Well I don't really mind what loads are included, I'd build it clean! 

• Like 1

Looking at the background to the illustration there are clearly what appear to be Lancaster sprues, maybe, just maybe it's a hint for a Manchester coming our way.  All right, I know I'm being optimistic, but why not?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 593jones said:

Looking at the background to the illustration there are clearly what appear to be Lancaster sprues, maybe, just maybe it's a hint for a Manchester coming our way.  All right, I know I'm being optimistic, but why not?

Well they're certainly not the current Lancaster kit's sprues and I only see two props on the sprue..... Maybe it's one of the ones from the old tool Lancaster? Maybe (hopefully!) it's a Manchester hint

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 12:46 PM, Chaotic Mike said:

Errrm... 40, surely?

Thank goodness for that, I was feeling particularly old at that point......

But back on track I think Hornby were hinting through out the recent TV series with regular shots of an F-35, which I hope would make commercial sense and fit in with the Carrier Picture as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

Thank goodness for that, I was feeling particularly old at that point......

But back on track I think Hornby were hinting through out the recent TV series with regular shots of an F-35, which I hope would make commercial sense and fit in with the Carrier Picture as well.

I don't think an F35 would fit in Airfix's range. Didn't really seem like their thing, but it could be the unpredictable 1/48 kit. 

I probably wouldn't build one myself, I could be tempted in 1/72 but 1/48 modern jets aren't my thing at all. I'd rather build a whole fleet of them in 1/144

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

Maybe (hopefully!) it's a Manchester hint

I blimmin' hope not, after I’ve spent a significant amount of wedge acquiring both a Lancaster kit and Manchester conversion kit!

(Actually, that would be fine, because I could then have both a Manchester MkI and MkIa… :like:)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

I blimmin' hope not, after I’ve spent a significant amount of wedge acquiring both a Lancaster kit and Manchester conversion kit!

(Actually, that would be fine, because I could then have both a Manchester MkI and MkIa… :like:)

Oh well that just makes me more confident that we will see a Manchester now if you've gone and bought all the bits you need to make one! 

• Haha 1

With Airfix holding an all-day event at Duxford celebrating the Spitfire, on the day before their 2022 range is officially announced, a new 1/24th Spitfire seems quite likely.
To me the question is which variant? We've all known the Mk1 tooling has been past it's best for some time, but might they do a MkIX instead of a direct replacement?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Heraldcoupe said:

With Airfix holding an all-day event at Duxford celebrating the Spitfire, on the day before their 2022 range is officially announced, a new 1/24th Spitfire seems quite likely.
To me the question is which variant? We've all known the Mk1 tooling has been past it's best for some time, but might they do a MkIX instead of a direct replacement?

I doubt it, the Mk.ia is so iconic. I'm not sure if it's possible, but could they tool it in such a way that the nose is seperate and it can be built into an early short nose Merlin spit or a later long nose Merlin spit?

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

I don't think an F35 would fit in Airfix's range. Didn't really seem like their thing, but it could be the unpredictable 1/48 kit. 

I probably wouldn't build one myself, I could be tempted in 1/72 but 1/48 modern jets aren't my thing at all. I'd rather build a whole fleet of them in 1/144

Airfix have a good range of RAF WWII, a decent range of RAF 50/60/70's jets, Harrier variant re-release, Jaguar, Tornado, Typhoon, F-35B will follow at one point

Now apparently we worldly inhabitants closer to the International Dateline have the ability to open up the little Avent Calendar windows slightly earlier than the majority of you lot…May I suggest you take a closer look through the Dec 25 window and confirm to my eyes what you see underneath that traditional ‘Telford reveal’ Perspex cover!

Cheers and safe and Merry Christmas to all the BM Membership and the ever  providing staff at Airfix.. Dave 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Now apparently we worldly inhabitants closer to the International Dateline have the ability to open up the little Avent Calendar windows slightly earlier than the majority of you lot…May I suggest you take a closer look through the Dec 25 window and confirm to my eyes what you see underneath that traditional ‘Telford reveal’ Perspex cover!

Cheers and safe and Merry Christmas to all the BM Membership and the ever  providing staff at Airfix.. Dave 

No need to break covid travel rules just reset you devices time zone to  somewhere where it is Christmas day. Having been there and returned I can also wish you all a Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil Evans said:

I'm not sure what you are seeing Rabbit Leader but from what I can make out it could be the 1/24 scale Hellcat.

I've taken a real close (admittedly fuzzy) look and I'm going to call it now.... a 1/24 F4F Wildcat. 

At first glance I thought it was the Hellcat, however the undercarriage arrangement convinced me it was Grumman's earlier feline fighter. 

Time will tell, however I'm happy to place cold hard cash on it right now. 

Cheers,.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Source

15 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I've taken a real close (admittedly fuzzy) look and I'm going to call it now.... a 1/24 F4F Wildcat. 

At first glance I thought it was the Hellcat, however the undercarriage arrangement convinced me it was Grumman's earlier feline fighter. 

Time will tell, however I'm happy to place cold hard cash on it right now. 

Cheers,.. Dave 

https://uk.airfix.com/christmas/advent-calendar-2021?modal=offer-modal

Airfix-Product-Product-modal-480x320px-D

Grumman.png

To me a F6F Hellcat with a ventral drop tank...

F4F Wildcat                                                                    F6F Hellcat

F4.png     F6.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

I've had another look at it and I agree with you Dave and I hope that it is a big seller for them. I'll put it down to 2 glasses of wine in the  morning affecting my eyesight as it seems clear to me now that you've pointed it out.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Hmmm. Well, after having had a closer look at the aforementioned clear cover, I am pleased to confirm it's of no interest and, nothing I'd buy so, Airfix has saved me money!! 😉😊

Exactly my thoughts. Merry Xmas all.

Rgds

Ben

48 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

That’s definitely a Wildcat undercarriage , Merry Christmas everyone !

Wulfman

You might be right.... oh well another American 1/24 thing I won't buy 😕 

I wonder how successful their 1/24 Hellcat was, after the initial excitement of the release died down and the first wave of builds finished I haven't really seen to many of them. Might just be me not noticing them of course since it's not really a subject I'm too interested in, but I do notice that it's not on Airfix's site anymore.....

50 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

You might be right.... oh well another American 1/24 thing I won't buy 😕 

I wonder how successful their 1/24 Hellcat was, after the initial excitement of the release died down and the first wave of builds finished I haven't really seen to many of them. Might just be me not noticing them of course since it's not really a subject I'm too interested in, but I do notice that it's not on Airfix's site anymore.....

I suspect that if Airfix have made a Wildcat, the Hellcat must have been a success.  1/24 not being something I can fit in my house am interested in  , but the Large Scale Plane  site suggests there are people out who are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickydicky210 said:

I think it’s the Hellcat and the Airfix logo below is causing a v like image 

The undercarriage looks further apart than the wildcat one

On second thoughts I think you are right !

Wulfman