For your agenda - Monday 10th January - 4.PM - Airfix 2022 range launch

Homebee

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Actually barring the 1/72 Tempest and reboxed Sea Harrier kits, I think most of all the other 2021 announcements actually hit the Hobby stores shelves this year. Seems like their design and development might be speeding up a little, now bring production back to the UK and this lag will reduce even further. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Also the 1/35 Ambulance missed the deadline 😧

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RichG said:

Interesting new twist... people registering their disappointment BEFORE the announcement! :rofl: 

That’s the idea set your expectations very low and it should avoid disappointment 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phil Gollin said:

1/350th HMS Queen Elizabeth (aircraft carrier for the avoidance of doubt) -  it would provide sales for decades.

With there having been recent talk of fitting at least some form of CATOBAR to the QE I suspect they may hold off a little before investing in a tooling that could very rapidly need updating!

15 hours ago, March said:

If Airfix are going to honour the 40th anniversary of the Falklands War then I hope they do a commemorative Black Buck boxing complete with two Vulcans and eleven Victors…

In 1/72, that box will be the size of a small shed.

Maybe a bit more likely is a boxed set with one each of the V-bombers and a bonus MiG-17 trying to intercept them.

In recent years, Airfix has managed to produce something predictable and some complete surprises.

I am sure there will be some releases with new parts and decals to make new variants.

Lets hope the designers have had a good year working from home.

And I have written in my wish list on Airfix Facebook page after the invite in the Advent Calendar.

I have mentioned this date in another thread here somewhere.  But for me, I hope the 2022  catalogue will be out around the same time which will be added to my collection of Airfix  catalogues.  That way  I won't  have to worry about the site being off line for however long.

16 hours ago, March said:

If Airfix are going to honour the 40th anniversary of the Falklands War then I hope they do a commemorative Black Buck boxing complete with two Vulcans and eleven Victors…

As part of the new Series 2-1 "Grounds for Divorce' range?  Others would include a 'Vulcan scramble' with four kits in the box, and the TSR2, which is the most expensive, but you only get two in the box.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

On 12/22/2021 at 1:11 AM, One 48 said:

Is that a 1/24 glass nose Mosquito release tease I see?

@SAT69 and @brewerjerry hate :whistle: to do this to you, the tooling already exists........and has done since before the first 24th Mosquito release, including the two stage merlins........you KNOW where to write!

• Like 1

I'm still dreaming of a 1/72 V-force Ground vehicle Set with Blue Danube and Yellow Sun on trolleys and the RAF minibus used on V-Forces bases...  A similar set as the one released for WW2 bombers some years ago.

And of course, an accurate Javelin and Sea Vixen (new molds) in 1/72 scale !

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Paul J said:

I have mentioned this date in another thread here somewhere.  But for me, I hope the 2022  catalogue will be out around the same time which will be added to my collection of Airfix  catalogues.  That way  I won't  have to worry about the site being off line for however long.

According to a You Tube show yesterday, the catalogue should have been received today at Margate HQ..

Regards

Robert

• Like 1

20 hours ago, March said:

With your own personal mortgage to build the extension necessary to display the buggers!

11 minutes ago, David H said:

Not to sound snide, but i hope they do a better job at maintaining secrecy than previous years where know-it-alls blow the surprise.

-d-

I find it exciting when a product gets leaked! 

I used to play Warhammer 40k and product leaks happened all the time (I keep a distant eye on it and they still happen, in fact there's an upcoming potential box set which may revive my interest in that if it is what it appears to be), it's very fun speculating based on blurred images of the photos of models on the back of a box, or one sprue from a new kit that somehow ended up in the wrong kit. Builds a lot of hype and actually I wouldn't be surprised if some of those leaks aren't leaks at all and are actually intentional. 

So Airfix, if you want to "accidentally" send a random sprue from an upcoming kit my way, feel free! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scooby said:

I was going to say that, probably in a combined Lancaster/Vulcan all in one boxing.

Two Lancasters and a Vulcan, got to make the set we got to see flying in 2014!

Anyway, back to actual rumours before we get this thread shut down!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickydicky210 said:

p?i=a0cdd2180e95c4c8d91acc6745b45f8b

That’s the Ark Royal as the image, thanks to Dave Cov spotting it. 

From the title I think it’s an aircraft?

1/48 Buccaneer or Phantom? 

Hopefully a Buccaneer, I was wondering if they dropped any hints.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Hopefully a Buccaneer, I was wondering if they dropped any hints.

By all that is Holy don't let it be the first attempt re-issued after they found a way to repair the moulds. Whatever they release I know I'll end up with one. Not bothered by the Sabre but seeing it in my 'local' hobby shop I found myself considering a purchase yesterday....

The idea of a rejuvenated 1/48 Buccaneer isn't so far fetched. The ability to lidar and then produce a new fuselage, given that was always the weak point,, and use the existing moulds for wings etc. Years back that's what happened with the 1.48 Tornado GR.1 and F.3

(ME 410 is my bet)

6 minutes ago, iainpeden said:

The idea of a rejuvenated 1/48 Buccaneer isn't so far fetched. The ability to lidar and then produce a new fuselage, given that was always the weak point,, and use the existing moulds for wings etc. Years back that's what happened with the 1.48 Tornado GR.1 and F.3

(ME 410 is my bet)

I don't think that's what Airfix is about these days. I don't know a huge amount about them but from watching the recent TV series it would surely be a completely new kit better than what they produced before.

11 hours ago, Mark Copeland said:

That's my wish list......

Mark Copeland

Lakeville MN

What part of the the original post did you not understand, was it this bit?

RUMOURS only, not your wishlists !

• Thanks 1