Termignoni pipes for Tamiya Panigale?

Ade H

Long shot, this, I admit. I've tried searching for aftermarket Termignoni exhausts for the Tamiya Ducati Panigale; but I've found nothing other than Hobby Design's very expensive full-fat detail set, which includes them. Anyone with an interest in alternative decal schemes for this bike, like the R Corse in my case, would want these pipes. Even a lot of the Tricolores have them in photos.

• Like 1

@veg There is no way in which a mere mortal could scratch satisfactory replicas from styrene. They are almost completely different from the road exhausts with some complex forms and details. Even the retaining straps have intricate cutouts.

@Stef N. They could be printed by someone with the design foo. I'm strictly a 2D designer and I haven't the time to invest in 3D. I wish that I did, because it's already revolutionising this hobby. I did wonder whether @nick of Unobtainium, and gold-winning F40 engine fame, might be interested in producing some if there's a market for them. Me and you would buy some, right? 😉

• Like 2

I'd definitely buy some and as no one seems to make aftermarket exhausts for these bikes* there would be a market for them. Not enough to make a man millions but should be enough to make it worthwhile setting up the design.

*Other than in a £70 set by Hobby Design.😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ade H said:

I did wonder whether @nick of Unobtainium, and gold-winning F40 engine fame, might be interested in producing some if there's a market for them. Me and you would buy some, right? 😉

Show me then, what are we talking about?

Hello @nick. Thanks very much for replying. I haven't any photos of my own, so I'll just link to a couple of the better ones that I found. If it would help to have some photos of the kit parts, let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.

https://www.termignoni.it/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/D129_Superbike-1-01.jpg

https://www.forza-moto.com/upload/photo/orig_img-5597-32.jpg

https://smgmedia.blob.core.windows.net/images/113420/1024/ducati-1199-panigale-ddf65be0b8c6.jpg

If you are interested in making a set and it would be viable for you to do, that would be brilliant. 😃

Edited by Ade H
bod spelinge
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, One 48 said:

I would be interested in these too if my vote makes them any-more viable for you to produce Nick.

OK, OK I’ll pick the kit up. I expect you’ll be wanting decals too then?

Nick

• Thanks 2

Thanks very much indeed for filling this gap for us all, Nick. Your work is really appreciated.

Regarding decals, I'm not sure what @Stef N. and @One 48 reckon, but I have a few spare decals from a Senna set, so I'm OK. Just getting the pipes would be awesome enough! 😃

Edited by Ade H
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ade H said:

Thanks very much indeed for filling this gap for us all, Nick. Your work is really appreciated.

Regarding decals, I'm not sure what @Stef N. and @One 48 reckon, but I have a few spare decals from a Senna set, so I'm OK. Just getting the pipes would be awesome enough! 😃

One thing I'm not short of. That's a corner of the market well covered.👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Following this with interest. Im building the 916 1:12 kit from tamiya but i really want to build it as the sps carl fogarty special. 

Ive got the marso wheels sorted but need carbon detailing and this model had termi pipes. 

I also need the decal set but cant find it anywhere. 

I’ve got the kit now.
Not easy - there’s some close tolerances going on there and very few straight lines!
I’m not a bike guy, but this is a very impressively engineered thing  (the real bike)

standby

Nick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Jimbo1981 said:

Following this with interest. Im building the 916 1:12 kit from tamiya but i really want to build it as the sps carl fogarty special. 

Ive got the marso wheels sorted but need carbon detailing and this model had termi pipes. 

I also need the decal set but cant find it anywhere. 

There's a Japanese company called MuseumCollection that do these different types of decals but I don't know how good they are and they are reasaonably expensive (on ebay). You'll have to do a bit of research to check if you are wasting your money or not but they seem to have a couple of the Fogarty Ducatis.

https://www.museumcollection.jp/

14 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

There's a Japanese company called MuseumCollection that do these different types of decals but I don't know how good they are and they are reasaonably expensive (on ebay). You'll have to do a bit of research to check if you are wasting your money or not but they seem to have a couple of the Fogarty Ducatis.

https://www.museumcollection.jp/

Now I’ve looked properly the badges on these things are in relief and riveted on, so it MAY be possible to print them, although probably too fine and too difficult to paint. 

Nick

• Like 3

+1 recommendation for Hiroboy, decals, bits n bobs and kits, based in UK, dealt with them a lot over the years for my Motorcycle 1/12 add-ons, good company who have never let me down, only UK retailer of Zero custom matched paints too I think.

A pure Aladdin cave of interesting exotica for model Bikes and Cars, some stuff are of limited prints or editions abd can go out of stock fast, so if you see something you fancy there, my advice is to grab it, did so recently for some decal sheets.

• Like 1