Jonners' Modelling Year 2021.

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

Hi chaps, I know I'm a bit like an absent tenant nowadays – but as this is my 'ancestral' home I'm hoping you will be happy to see this years  output. Many have appeared in SAM because that's my day job, but theres still a few managed for me'sen. In no particular calendar order here they are:

ki3KDwT.jpg
Eduard's 1/48 Spitfire 1 from the box, in Al Deere's markings 1940.

I0sleZR.jpg
The Airfix 1/48 Blenheim Mk 1 night fighter turned into a bomber, with a Gaspatch Vickers VGO and decals from print scale for a 45 Sqn machine 1940.

OvTw7i2.jpg
Azur's 1/72 Martin 139 WH-2 bomber in ML-KNIL markings of 2e Afdeling, Vliegtuiggroep III (2nd Squadron, Airgroup 3), early 1942.

laAZ5UK.jpg
S-Models 1/48 vacform Vultee P-66 Vanguard in Chinese Nationalist markings.

y8qu4JL.jpg
Hasegawa 1/48 Hawker Typhoon with Ultracast Tempest tail-planes, Eduard Tempest MkIII RP rails, a Brengun etch radiator set, lots of scratchbuilt bits in the pit, UC bay, wing tanks and modified RPs, the top nose profile improved with a cut-in old Eduard Tempest top cowl and Aviaology decals for 'Sharky' from 245 sqn, Germany 1945. This was a recovery effort for something I started years ago, so I'm pleased it finally made it!

DpS82ku.jpg
Roden's 1/48 T-28C Trojan converted to a Fennec in Armée De l'Air markings of EALA 03/009 at Bône in 1961 Algeria from Berna. Modified cockpit, scratchbuilt French gun pods and top cowling cooling intake. reskit wheels. 

GzS9Vuy.jpg
Special Hobby's 1/32 Whirlwind finished in Operation Starkey Dieppe markings as a 'Whirlibomber' flown F/Sgt George A. Wood 263 Sqn, with two of Tim Perry's splendid 250lb MC bombs under the wings.

YFcXlEP.jpg
Special Hobby 1/72 Douglas B-18B of the 25th Anti-Submarine wing, USAAF 1943

z2C6oAc.jpg
Academy 1/72 PBY-5A, from VP-11 'Black Cats' USN, engaged in evacuating Australian troops operating behind enemy lines from Papua New Guinea, late 1943.

RGwyg8J.jpg
Airfix 1/48th Sabre MK.6 converted to MK.6 with scratch-built slatted wings, sugar scoop intakes and a rebuilt cockpit. Finished as  No.2 Sqn machine of the SAAF late 1950s, with markings taken from a variety of sources.

4FjOvRB.jpg
Special Hobby's (Eduard) 1/48 Tempest II finished in Indian Air Force markings, probably of the Tempest Conversion Training Unit.

smAeyq7.jpg
Finishing the year as I started (properly) with a Spit. Eduard's new 1/48 Mk.Vc with a few mods to make USAAF machine of the 4th Fighter Squadron , 52nd Fighter group, Corsica late 1943 using Lifelike decals for James H. Montgomery's 'Impatient Virgin II'

That's it. Not making it, but still in the game are Tamiya's F-16C converted to a F-16AM with BAF D-Day anniversary decals, Airfix new vampire being turned into a Mistral, A Tamiya Dewoitine 520 that's only half riveted, An F-104DJ that's about 25% built, and Tamiya's F-4B.
Currently there's a Zero on the bench too :)

Hope you like 'em!  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Jonners

• Like 33

Love them all Jonners,....... got to say I need to build one of those Dutch Martin`s to replace my old 1960` version!  Loving the day job too,..... keep up the great work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was just reading through an old conversation of ours, in the hope of clearing some space in my Messages zone (I couldn't dump that one, though).  In it, you were saying "Hurricane or Typhoon next?" and beginning the sharkie.  I clicked on "show content" to see if you even came around anymore, and that led me here.  Imagine my surprise to see sharkie in your yearbook!  (I must have seen it on Facebook, but you know, that would have been DAYS ago!)

bob

p.s. Yeah, there's some OK modeling on display in your post... 😉