My brand new MALTA Spitfire Mk Vc 1/72 from operation Calendar, used by 185 Sq. kit Airfix

Looks good but could do with a finishing coat of varnish to get rid of the shine on the decals.

I use the Winsor and Newton acrylic varnish.  Its easy to get hold of in art shops and is easy to apply.

Try it, you will be amazed how effective a soft sheen or matt finish is on a small model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Looks good but could do with a finishing coat of varnish to get rid of the shine on the decals.

I use the Winsor and Newton acrylic varnish.  Its easy to get hold of in art shops and is easy to apply.

Try it, you will be amazed how effective a soft sheen or matt finish is on a small model.

Thank you for the info.

But the decals on my model are not so shiny then on the picture.

Alain

2 hours ago, Wulfman said:

You are a busy boy, another great build !

Wulfman

Thank you, I work between 4 and 6 hours on my models.

I am alone, nobody to look for, retired from the Forces, and with the pendemic nothing special to do except modeling.

Alain

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Congratulations on some fine modelling looks great well done 👏 

Thank you, this one is not my first Malta Spitfire, I post usually one a week.

Alain

PS : my grandmother was from Gatesthead (Low Fell)

19 minutes ago, Homer said:

I kow low fell well ,one of my old stomping areas when younger ,the Blue Bell excreta many a happy Friday night in the 70s .

My grandmother's name was Dorman. They are perhaps still some there, she was the last of 7. Meet and married my Belgian ganda during  WW I.

Come in Belgium in 1919.

Alain

The next place along the road from lowfell going south ,next to the angel of the north statue is called Birtley, and during the war a lot of refugees from Belgium settled there .The people worked in the local factories it had an ordenance factory on 

• Thanks 1

Sorry about that my fingers slipped, on the door step and i believe the place was called Elizabeth villa but not certain about that ,iam sure there is a Belgian cemetery in the area .

You might get more information on the Internet. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Homer said:

Sorry about that my fingers slipped, on the door step and i believe the place was called Elizabeth villa but not certain about that ,iam sure there is a Belgian cemetery in the area .

You might get more information on the Internet. 

Yes I know. I have some picture, and know the story. Here is a link if you are interested (in french), my granda was in team 8 Vanreck Léandre.

I would like to come back and visit, but with the covid, it is not easy.

Thank again

Alain

http://www.birtley-elisabethville.be/