Arma 1/72nd P-51B-C, Mustang Mk.III,...... NEW KIT! ***FINISHED***

tonyot

27 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

hi Tone,

looks great! I might build one..but probably one only.  Unbelievably over on that well-known auction site the Arma 72nd P-51 B/C is around £2.50 more expensive than the Tamiya 48th P-51 B

Arma will be releasing cheaper boxings with only 2 decal options rather than 6 and without brass etched parts and paint masks,..... they are usually around £16 (judging by the Hurri`s and Wildcats),..... so its up to you mate,..... just wait for those. I`ll be buying a few more of these cheaper ones when they are released myself.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyot said:

Cheeky indeed mate,.... I was  bit sceptical about this sort of thing but I used to work in an old convert that was used by the cops as offices and on night shift, all alone in the building, with the upstairs checked and locked by me,..... I would hear footsteps all night, scraping of things moving,....... the hand dryers in the toilets next to my officer would go off on their own...... and you`d gt the feeling of somebody outside in the corridor watching you,..... a very, very creepy place indeed! I never looked back at the building after locking it. 

Oooooo spooky, I don't blame you :door:

• Haha 1

Yowzah, Tony! She;s the bee's knees! Loved the grey 108 gallon tanks, as they were frequently painted in that color! Need to park it next to your silver doped Mossie for comparison! :worthy:

Mike

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Yowzah, Tony! She;s the bee's knees! Loved the grey 108 gallon tanks, as they were frequently painted in that color! Need to park it next to your silver doped Mossie for comparison! :worthy:

Mike

Thanks Mike,..... yeah I liked the look of the roughed up tanks so wanted to represent that as best I could. 

11 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Tony: this is fantastic work!  You make the realistic dulled metal finish look so easy!

Thanks Mate and glad you like the finish,...... it just looked too shiny so I chose to dull it down a little, especially as the wings were usually painted anywy, even in a silver scheme. 

7 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Really neat that mate, congratulations.

Colin

Thanks Colin,... glad you like it mate.

5 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

That's built into a really impressive little model, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to get one (or two) for myself!

Thanks mate,..... yeah I`ll be building quite a few more myself,..... lovely little kit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heloman1 said:

Tony, I like your approach to modelling with the research and the themes you build to. The confines under which you build, I admire your tenacity.

Colin

Cheers Colin,.... that`s really nice of you mate. I just bodge along mate,..... unlike yourself,..... your modelling is almost clinical...... in a good way. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2022 at 4:55 PM, steh2o said:

Awesome Tony! Lovely result! Keep'em coming!

Stefano

Thanks Stefano,.... sorry,.... just noticed your comment! I`ll try my best,..... got a bit of modellers block at the moment!