British Navy Hawker SeaHawk FGA Mk 6 | Hobby Boss 1/72

Hawker Sea Hawk of 810 Sqdn Royal Navy, embarked on HMS Albion, 1956, Suez Crisis.
Painted with MRP paints. Model Art Decals.

I didn't correct anything, I didn't add much from myself. The model is hard to recommend to accuracy fans. Nice fitting, but the technological breakdown itself, shortshots, those miserable inlets and outlets, the canopy ... well, it leaves a lot to be desired.

I like the early British jets. They are ... human made, a bit strange, capricious, but they have something about them.

I hope you like it!

Hubert

wEWzWj.jpg

uAqBPc.jpg

85uxTC.jpg

ApVtq6.jpg

6UDng0.jpg

fJ8TTH.jpg

hAbX50.jpg

QGsJoq.jpg

JfcWP3.jpg

pXockr.jpg

fBKCdx.jpg

Edited by Hubert
  • Like 30

I'm guessing it's the HobbyBoss 1/72. It's a very nice job, I remember enjoying this kit apart from the stupid parts breakdown that leaves a seam line across the exhaust shield which is very hard to smooth. You seem to have done very well at it!

• Like 1

• Hubert changed the title to British Navy Hawker SeaHawk FGA Mk 6 | Hobby Boss 1/72
6 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

That's turned out really smart, cracking job :like:

I've got this kit x2 and that's definitely one of the schemes that I want to do. Did you paint the invasion stripes or use the kit's decals?

The stripes are all painted, the decals wouldn't work, I think. It was the Indian/German Navy boxing anyway, so no stripes were included in the decal sheet.

Thanks for comments!

• Like 2