Chris' 2021 Tally

bigbadbadge

7 hours ago, mark.au said:

Hard to think of anything to write that hasn’t been written already.  Fabulous collection Chris, it’s been a great pleasure to follow along wit( these throughout the year.

Thanks Mark and thank you for your support and encouragement too, it's really appreciated. 

Chris

Brush painted?!?!? :gobsmacked:  I like everyone else, am duly impressed with the amazing display of quality ( and quantity ) of craftsmanship.  

I am not worthy!!!! :worthy:

Mike

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sky Keg said:

Brush painted?!?!? :gobsmacked:  I like everyone else, am duly impressed with the amazing display of quality ( and quantity ) of craftsmanship.  

I am not worthy!!!! :worthy:

Mike

Thank you Mike, that is very kind indeed thank you

Chris

• Like 1

Definitely a great year !!

And the 2 yellow big beastie !!

Congratulations Chris !!

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

The Skyraider has almost made it !!

Surely the first RFI for this year ??

Keep that way my friend !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Definitely a great year !!

And the 2 yellow big beastie !!

Congratulations Chris !!

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

The Skyraider has almost made it !!

Surely the first RFI for this year ??

Keep that way my friend !!

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC , very kind of you, really enjoyed the two big yellow beasties  got another large yellow aircraft too so keep em peeled.

Skyraider is very nearly done. 

Thanks CC take care and stay safe.

Chris

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whitestar12chris said:

Some cracking builds there Chris, loved the interesting stufff, not the run of the mill aircraft, well done.

All the best Chris

Thanks Chris, that's very kind of you,  yes some unusual planes and schemes, plenty more to come this year.

Chris

• Like 2

I've said it often before, but your skills with a brush are approaching legend status :worthy:

Not that you are any slouch with the overall building quality and precision to go with it. Hope you have a successful 2022 Chris 👍

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alan P said:

I've said it often before, but your skills with a brush are approaching legend status :worthy:

Not that you are any slouch with the overall building quality and precision to go with it. Hope you have a successful 2022 Chris 👍

Wow thanks Alan for the lovely compliments,  that is really kind of you. Fingers crossed for a good year  hope you can have a successful year too fella.

Chris

On 12/19/2021 at 11:41 AM, Ray S said:

Oh my word, what a collection that is! And brush-painted too! I am amazed at the quality of paintwork, especially the yellow ones!

Great work,

Ray

I was thinking the same thing myself can only figure maybe rattlecan primer then the paint?If the pics go in chronological order then one can easily see the improvement in the paint application.The Firefly on forward from there look like they all could of been airbrushed but look better.You Sir have developed a Nice Skill-set !! :worthy:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, javlin said:

I was thinking the same thing myself can only figure maybe rattlecan primer then the paint?If the pics go in chronological order then one can easily see the improvement in the paint application.The Firefly on forward from there look like they all could of been airbrushed but look better.You Sir have developed a Nice Skill-set !! :worthy:

Thanks Javlin that's really kind of you, I have no facilities to spray and too cold in the garage.  I don't use a specific primer just go straight in with the colours .

Thanks very much

Chris

• Like 1

Great set!

It is a rare pleasure to meet someone else who has gasoline running through their veins and it’s fantastic to meet someone else still painting the 1/72 models with brush.

Let the old ways never die 👍

Cheers

Michael

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Great set!

It is a rare pleasure to meet someone else who has gasoline running through their veins and it’s fantastic to meet someone else still painting the 1/72 models with brush.

Let the old ways never die 👍

Cheers

Michael

Thanks Michael, very kind of you.  I do love the painting part and find it very therapeutic.   I hope to be building a few models cars, with a replica of my own Beetle soon .  Yes the old ways are still good. 

46 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

That is a wonderful collection there Chris, you've had a really good year if that lot is any indication. 👍

Steve.

Thanks Steve, very kind too.  Yes it was enjoyable, the two big builds  meant less of a Tally, but have really enjoyed building all.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1