Christmas Blitzenbuild 2021 Chat

Woohoo, one of my favourite holiday events. Thanks for hosting this annual institution again Enzo.

I'll have to have a rummage through my stash, but leading contenders are the Zvezda 1/72 BF-109 F2, or Fujimi Yokosuka E14Y Glen as carried on some IJN submarines. I will probably decide on the 26th. 

Cheers, Justin.

• Like 1

No idea.  Might write down a few options and throw them in a hat.  I'll surprise even myself.  :santa:

Likely contenders will probably be between an eggplane, 1/100 Tamiya, a 1/72 aircraft (w/ simple decals), or maybe a 1/24 figure.  Might have a 1/35 truck that may be doable...:hmmm:  Regardless, it's going to be fun digging through the stash looking for possibilities.

• Like 1

@nimrod54 has sent me a kit to Blitzenbuild this year, apparently based on my “obsession” for a certain primer of pink!!

Little H will be along too, I have good gen that Santa is giving her something suitable, although with 3days of home schooling ahead it may fall out of his sleigh🤣

• Like 2

If we are not travelling after Christmas as we originally intended to, and with we current situation we are likely not, I would like to play please. 

Not sure what to build then but possible contenders could be the Revell 1/72 Mustang or Spitfire, Hasegawa 1/72 M-1 Abrams or maybe just some ground equipment from various Hasegawa sets? Or if I can find them, I do have a couple of Herpa car kits in 1/87 hidden somewhere (as in hidden from my wife and now I can’t find them anymore :undecided:). 

Thanks @Enzo Matrix for hosting this, it will be my first Blitzenbuild ever and if I manage to finish, my first and only kit to complete this year :) 

Cheers

Johnny b 

• Like 2

On 20/12/2021 at 22:20, helios16v said:

The list has been compiled and will be cut up and put in a stocking.  This is going to be fun.  :santa:

51760495320_a417478aca_c.jpg

Allowing for the number of decals on the Phantom that's going to be blooming impressive to do in a Blitzenbuild  !

I was looking at a PR Spitfire or the Rareplanes Vulcan (sadly missing its canopy so dropped) but as I'm staying away with family ill need something stealthier so I'm thinking armoured half track, off to the stash for a rummage 

Cheers Pat

I have a hankering to go with tradition and do a 1/48 Tamiya vehicle, with the Austin Tilly being at the top of the pile. Or something completely different - seem to remember cobbling together a ship last time and I'm sure a Games Workshop figure featured in one Blitz Build.

I've got "How many???" kits in the stash so the possibilities are apparently endless :D 

Andy

• Haha 1

Been racking my brains and a possible third choice would be an Airfix Spitfire MK Ia built as a photo reconnaissance MK Ig ( any Spitfire experts shout now) again as it would be a simple ( probably rattle can) paint scheme.

14 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

I haven't decided if I'll participate in this yet, but I'll come up with something if I decide to

Come on Adam,

Great fun and if you plan the build around stuff drying while doing other bits it amazing what you can achieve in a short period of hours.

Cheers Pat 

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

The Airfix HP 0/400 is a lovely kit :like:

It's in the stash, next to the Frog Vimy & Contrail Southampton however I couldn't find any of them, though I looked and looked, ahem.. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jinxman said:

It's in the stash, next to the Frog Vimy & Contrail Southampton however I couldn't find any of them, though I looked and looked, ahem.. 😉

Oh really???  :wicked: 

• Haha 2

I don't think I'm going to be able to be involved this year, unfortunately.  I'll try to, though, but it'll be something small and boring, I reckon.  But then again, there's always the captured mk IV Blenheim......  Aaaaaaarrrgggghhhhh!

• Like 1

Hi guys, sorry @JOCKNEY @Hockeyboy76 I won't be able to join in on this one, I just don't have the time this weekend. Too full of cooking, family, all that stuff. Back to work on Monday, so... Stupidly I haven't thought of getting something really easy to build. I have 2 unbuilt IBG 1/72 kits but these are quite detailed and take more time than I have, the only other thing that comes close is an old Tamiya T-62A. It doesn't have that many road wheels and they're big too, but there's some nice Eduard PE in the box as well so it's bound to leave me with half a kit on Tuesday. Aaargh. My only hope would be an early start tomorrow but my sister's staying over and she's sleeping in my room! Dammit. I just have to be too social this weekend for this to work!

• Haha 1