Eduard-Hasegawa 1/72 Liberator GR Mk.V Coastal Command

23 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Amazing finish, that’s very realistic!

What did the GR stand for in these WW2 maritime types? Can’t be the same as the GR for Harriers and Jags, etc.

I believe that at that time GR stood for General Reconnaissance. The designation was replaced by MR (Maritime Reconnaissance) and modern types eg. Harrier GR.1 means Ground attack/Reconnaissance.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 2

Very nicely done.

On 12/19/2021 at 7:11 PM, Lord Riot said:

What did the GR stand for in these WW2 maritime types? Can’t be the same as the GR for Harriers and Jags, etc.

General Reconnaissance.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely stunning! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

That's a brilliant idea with the removable nose/canopy!

I may consider it for my Hasegawa B-24J, but I somehow doubt I could pull it off as well as that!

It's totally awesome!

👍👍

• Thanks 1

Absolutely superb piece of work. Your attention to detail is second to none. I populated the bomb bay of my version of the same kit (311 Squadron (Czech), Tain) with the excellent Eduard Brassin bomb bay rocket projector set and depth charge set. Thought I was doing well until I saw your model with your detailing, especially of the cockpit, going well beyond this! Coastal Command subjects are rich and varied and I am sure you have gone a long way to draw modellers attention to this great theme. I wait in anticipation your next build.

• Thanks 1

Stunning work on both the inside and out, the paint scheme and weathering is really top notch! Almost tempts me to give 1/72 bombers and larger aircraft a go and stray away from my 1/48 comfort zone!

Mark

• Thanks 1