Some considerations of the forum layout seen from a newbie

Half of the main page is occupied by two items that I believe are little used:

Shops, Manufacturers & Vendors- I don't know if it has to do with sponsorship, but otherwise I believe this item could be collapsed

Archive - another item that could be collapsed and included in a GBS one

The main purpose of the forum I believe is related to the construction of models, but I believe that many threads are just  chat, although I have nothing against it but it seems that these prevail against the first ones.
So my suggestion would be to collapse the shops thread etc
Rename the Archive thread to GBS which would have all GBS threads with direct access, and therefore more visible, easily accessed and possibly more seen and participatory, and would contain such an archive, but collapsed.
I believe that the GBS deserve to have direct access, for several reasons, because I believe they are the third most participated, and one of the main goals of this forum.
I don't know if it's a rookie nonsense, but anyway it's my opinion.
cheers
LM

Edited by Julien
language editied

You can toggle off the sections you dont want to see by clicking on the square at the right of the section you dont want to see.

As to anything else you are entitled to your opinion. 

We would also rather you dont use terms which involve the forums bad word filter coming into play. 

• Like 2

On 19/12/2021 at 12:35, Julien said:

You can toggle off the sections you dont want to see by clicking on the square at the right of the section you dont want to see.

As to anything else you are entitled to your opinion. 

We would also rather you dont use terms which involve the forums bad word filter coming into play. 

Didn't know that option was available. Thanks

Its your job, and  your forum, so no more comments, just expressed what I think in a sincerely way.

I apologize fir that, but I relay in a online translator because my English is somewhat primary.

Wish you a Merry Christmas with bot much work here.

Cheers

LM