Tony`s 2021,....... managed to build a few!

tonyot

Hiya Folk`s,..... well it has been quite a year hasn`t it eh? On top of everything else,.... it turns out that I`m quite ill too,..... so lets all hope that 2022 proves to be a successful one eh? 

There were some great new kit releases and I got through a few of them,...... I may need to tweak and add to this post for a while,.......

1/72nd Airfix Beaufort;

DSCF0536-NEW.jpg

SEAC Beaufort Mk.Ia,.... with added nose guns and ASV antennae;

DSCF0560-NEW-NEW.jpg

16 Sqn SAAF Beaufort Mk.Ia;

DSCF0515-NEW.jpg

Mk.I,.... almost straight from the box;

DSCF1570-NEW.jpg

Converted into an Aussie Mk.VIII;

DSCF1277-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Airfix Mosquito`s,........some converted using Freightdog Models resin parts;

DSCF2692-NEW.jpg

DSCF2527-NEW.jpg

DSCF2650-NEW.jpg

DSCF2383-NEW.jpg

DSCF2658-NEW.jpg

There was a 45 Sqn theme going on too in 1/72nd scale;

1/72nd Valom Wellesley;

DSCF2137-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Airfix Blenheim Mk.I;

DSCF1984-NEW.jpg

DSCF2144-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Valom Bristol Brigand B.1,.... shown for scale with a previously built Beaufighter;

DSCF1618-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Valom Buckmaster T.1;

DSCF1732-NEW.jpg

1/72nd KP Hornet;

DSCF1307-NEW.jpg

DSCF1703-NEW.jpg

Airfix Vampire T.11;

DSCF2472-NEW.jpg

And a collection of some of the 45 Sqn `set',..... so far;

DSCF1773-NEW.jpg

And of course the Australian and New Zealand theme in memory of my friend Andy Scott who so sadly passed away in 2021, RIP;

1/72nd Tamiya Mosquito FB.VI and Hasegawa kit converted to a PR.40;

DSCF0111-NEW.jpg

DSCF9950-NEW.jpg

Hasegawa Mossie converted to a PR.XVI;

DSCF2441-NEW.jpg

1/72nd High Planes Beaufreighter,..... an old build repaired and repainted,..... it has surrender instructions for the defeated Japanese under the wings;

DSCF0472-NEW.jpg

DSCF0445-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Hasegawa Beaufighter,..... another old kit stripped and repaired/ repainted;

DSCF0135-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Hasegawa Beaufighter;

DSCF0293-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Minicraft B-34 Lexington/Ventura Mk.II, 13 Sqn RAAF with added ASV antennae,..... thanks for the kit Bill;

DSCF0265-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Academy Corsair, 14 Sqn, RNZAF Japan 1946;

DSCF9933-NEW.jpg

1/72nd SH Lodestar, RNZAF;

DSCF0223-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Hasegawa Avenger target tug, post war RNZAF;

DSCF0138-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Airfix Dakota, post war RNZAF,... thanks for the decals Steve;

DSCF0885-NEW.jpg

DSCF0883-NEW.jpg

2 X Academy Catalina`s, RNZAF;

DSCF0735-NEW.jpg

Some 1/72nd Spitfires;

Airfix Spitfire Mk.Vc;;

DSCF9442-NEW.jpg

DSCF9521-NEW.jpg

Eduard Mk.VIII, 607(County of Durham) Sqn, SEAC;

DSCF9458-NEW.jpg

Eduard Spitfire Mk.VIII;, 452 Sqn RAAF;

DSCF9655-NEW.jpg

Airfix Mk.Vc with High Planes update parts;

DSCF0922-NEW.jpg

KP Spitfire Mk.Vb;

DSCF0926-NEW.jpg

KP Spitfire Mk.Vc;

DSCF0924-NEW.jpg

Airfix Mk.Vc;

DSCF9659-NEW.jpg

Airfix Spitfire Mk.Vc;

DSCF9557-NEW.jpg

Airfix Spitfire Mk.Vc;

DSCF9568-NEW.jpg

Sword Spitfire Mk.Vc, USAAF, Italy;

DSCF9693-NEW.jpg

Airfix Spitfire Mk.Vc, 601 Sqn, Malta;

DSCF9684-NEW.jpg

Airfix Spitfire Mk.I;

DSCF9714-NEW.jpg

And some others,......

1/72nd Arma Hurricane Mk.I, 249 Sqn, Nicholson VC`s aircraft;

DSCF9504-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Arma Hurricane Mk.IIb, 605 (County of Warwick) Sqn, Malta;

DSCF9490-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Minicraft Ventura Mk.II, 34 OTU based in Canada,... again, thanks for the kit Bill,.... you are a star;

DSCF0234-NEW.jpg

1/72nd SH Hudson Mk.I, 161 (Special Duties) Sqn,...... thanks for the decals Alistair;

DSCF1496-NEW.jpg

1/48th Tamiya Spitfire Mk.I, 222 Sqn, flown by Douglas Bader over Dunkirk;

DSCF9528-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Airfix Mustang Mk.IV, 5 Sqn, SAAF, Italy 1945;

DSCF9721-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Revell Mustang Mk.III with rockets converted from an Airfix  Beaufighter;

DSCF9474-NEW.jpg

1/72nd SH Skua;

DSCF9637-NEW.jpg

1/48th AMP Sycamore, 118 Sqn, Northern Ireland;

DSCF2232-NEW.jpg

Got this one across the line in time,.... 1/48th Airfix Vampire built as an FB.9 of 8 Sqn;

DSCF2869-NEW.jpg

These have just not made it in time;

ICM 1/32nd Sea Gladiator;

DSCF2319-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Beaufort Mk.II conversion using High Planes conversion parts;

DSCF2193.jpg

1/72nd Hasegawa Buffalo with Pavla update parts;

DSCF1807.jpg

1/144th Hastings! I would LOVE a 1/72nd kit of this important aircraft

DSCF2861-NEW.jpg

1/72nd Airfix Ju-87 and a SH Blenheim ,Mk.V; 

DSCF2918-NEW.jpg

Another two 1/72nd Mossies,...... Hasegawa and Tamiya!

DSCF2920-NEW.jpg

Arma 1/72nd P-51B/C;

DSCF2908-NEW.jpg

DSCF2952.jpg

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 60

Impressive collection. Well done. I particularly like the Australian themed subjects. Who ever you buy your modelling supplies from must love you. Get well and best for 2022.

Ray 

• Like 2

That's a production line to be proud of. I'll bet you haven't got a BS or RAL shade of green to match my envy!

You've  researched some lovely colour schemes especially on the Mosquitos. I do particularly like your Brigand and the 161 (SD) Sqn Hudson. 

Your brush painting and finishing is, as ever, flawless.

All in all, a very impressive collection for 2021 and I can't wait to see the 2022 production line grow.

Well done Tony.

Chris.

• Like 1

Holy heck Tony, you are a machine! That's an incredible output for one year, and all looking superb. Really nice to see the variations among related types.

Sorry to hear you're not well... I sincerely hope your recovery is swift and you're back at the bench with more in 2022.

• Like 3

Agreed, you are a modelling machine .  You are a wonderful modeller and have built a fantastic collection this year fella.  They all look fantastic.  I always like your subject matter too.  Looking forward to the Sea Gladiator and Vampires  too. Great work on all.

I am sorry to hear you are not well too fella, I hope you make a full recovery and quickly too. 

Take care  and stay safe

Chris

• Like 2

A stunning collection Tony.

Far too many to try and list any particular favourites.

You are and will remain an inspiration to us all.

I am truly sorry to hear you're unwell and wish you all the best for a speedy recovery and many, many more build for us to marvel at next year.

All the best,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

Wow, that is a modelling output of epic proportions! The quality of work is so consistent & I love your Beaufort's. 

I wish you a speedy recovery from your illness, just don't wear yourself out building more models!

All the best for 2022.

Martin

• Like 1

What an absolute gem of a collection Tony, that’s one mighty modelling year so it’s sad to hear you’re not feeling the best of late. Get well soon and hopefully back to the modelling bench, we all need your constant inspiration and endless motivation. 
Cheers and Merry Christmas from your mate Down Under.. Dave 

• Like 1

That's a marvellous collection of the highest quality Tony - and quantity too! Most impressive mate - all the best for the season,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

I would have been disappointed if you had completed less than 30 Tony!

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Hopefully not too unwell 

some great colour schemes. I bet like me, you’re looking forward to the forthcoming 48 scale Vengeance and Beaufort 

all the best for Xmas and a recovery back to good health 

Bruce 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 5:32 AM, Ray_W said:

Impressive collection. Well done. I particularly like the Australian themed subjects. Who ever you buy your modelling supplies from must love you. Get well and best for 2022.

Ray 

Thanks Ray,..... yeah Halifax Modellers World do OK out of me. Thanks for the best wishes,.... I might need them?

On 12/19/2021 at 5:37 AM, cngaero said:

That's a production line to be proud of. I'll bet you haven't got a BS or RAL shade of green to match my envy!

You've  researched some lovely colour schemes especially on the Mosquitos. I do particularly like your Brigand and the 161 (SD) Sqn Hudson. 

Your brush painting and finishing is, as ever, flawless.

All in all, a very impressive collection for 2021 and I can't wait to see the 2022 production line grow.

Well done Tony.

Chris.

Thanks Chris,..... and LOL!! Glad you like them. 

On 12/19/2021 at 9:03 AM, Muchmirth said:

A whole bunch of fantastic models, really like the mossies, just a personal favourite.

Cheers mate. 

On 12/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, Alan P said:

Holy heck Tony, you are a machine! That's an incredible output for one year, and all looking superb. Really nice to see the variations among related types.

Sorry to hear you're not well... I sincerely hope your recovery is swift and you're back at the bench with more in 2022.

Thanks Alan,....... glad you like them pal and cheers for the best wishes,...... I may need them? 

On 12/19/2021 at 10:24 AM, bigbadbadge said:

Agreed, you are a modelling machine .  You are a wonderful modeller and have built a fantastic collection this year fella.  They all look fantastic.  I always like your subject matter too.  Looking forward to the Sea Gladiator and Vampires  too. Great work on all.

I am sorry to hear you are not well too fella, I hope you make a full recovery and quickly too. 

Take care  and stay safe

Chris

Cheers Chris,,.... that is very kind of you mate,... yeah looking forward to the Sea Gladiator myself to be fair,.... I`ve jut got a mental block when it comes to rigging at the moment. 

Thanks for the best wishes,... to be fair,.... it is looking a bit dodgy,.... with a large C,.... I`ll know more after Christmas after biopsys etc. 

All the best mate and Merry Christmas,

Tony

On 12/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Tony, that's quite a collection you've done. I hope you get on top of things health-wise. Regards, Jeff.

Thanks mate,..... and yeah,..... fingers crossed eh!

On 12/19/2021 at 1:36 PM, AliGauld said:

A stunning collection Tony.

Far too many to try and list any particular favourites.

You are and will remain an inspiration to us all.

I am truly sorry to hear you're unwell and wish you all the best for a speedy recovery and many, many more build for us to marvel at next year.

All the best,

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,....... that is very kind of you mate,....... and thanks for the best wishes,..... I hope I`m around net year to submit my 2022 builds..... fingers crossed. 

21 hours ago, JWM said:

"A few"! - common , I've seen a few dozen of excellent models here!  Very productive year, I think...

Regards

J-W

Thank J-W,..... glad you like them mate and I always enjoy your `old school' modelling too. 

20 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Wow, that is a modelling output of epic proportions! The quality of work is so consistent & I love your Beaufort's. 

I wish you a speedy recovery from your illness, just don't wear yourself out building more models!

All the best for 2022.

Martin

Thanks Martin,.... very kind mate and thanks for the best wishes,.....  looks like I`ll have a C shaped fight on my hands in the new year and best wishes to yourself too mate for 2022.

19 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

First, all good thoughts and wishes for a quick recovery from your illness.

Second, what an incredible output for the year, coupled with subjects and finishes. I always find your models inspire me. Thank you.

Thanks John, that is very kind of you,...... it is looking like I`ll need all the good thoughts and wishes I can get,... it looks like lung cancer,.... a biopsy asap will give us more info, but the scans don`t look good! 

Glad you like the models too,..... you are very kind and your words are very much appreciated.   

18 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

What an absolute gem of a collection Tony, that’s one mighty modelling year so it’s sad to hear you’re not feeling the best of late. Get well soon and hopefully back to the modelling bench, we all need your constant inspiration and endless motivation. 
Cheers and Merry Christmas from your mate Down Under.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,....... glad you like the models and thanks for the best wishes,...... scans have shown up a cluster of large growths around the bronchus area of my lungs,..... which are pressing down on the tubes and giving me a rasping cough and a tight chest,..... a biopsy op asap should help us know what they are,..... but I think we can guess? Lets hope for the best eh?

Merry Christmas to you too pal, Cheers,..... Tony

16 hours ago, Calum said:

Wow. Tony.  Where do you the time. . Nice collection there.  What do you do with all the finished builds? 

Cheers Calum,..... I have too much time on my hands these days mate,..... and the models go on display, although I`ve all but run out of room now! 

15 hours ago, Dunny said:

That's a marvellous collection of the highest quality Tony - and quantity too! Most impressive mate - all the best for the season,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger and thanks for the kind words,..... glad you like them mate and cheers for the encouragement throughout the year. Merry Christmas to you too pal.

12 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

I would have been disappointed if you had completed less than 30 Tony!

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Hopefully not too unwell 

some great colour schemes. I bet like me, you’re looking forward to the forthcoming 48 scale Vengeance and Beaufort 

all the best for Xmas and a recovery back to good health 

Bruce 

Haha,.... LOL,.... Cheers Bruce!! Glad you like the schemes etc,....... you know I like something a bit different and oh yeah,...... deffo looking forward to the new Beaufort and Vengeance!

Thanks for the best wishes,...... it is looking like lung cancer mate,..... a cluster of the buggers around my bronchus, inflamed lymph nodes! A Biopsy is being arranged asap,.... and we`ll know more then! Merry Christmas to you and yours Bruce,.... cheers ,.... Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Sad 9

3 hours ago, tonyot said:

it is looking like I`ll need all the good thoughts and wishes I can get,... it looks like lung cancer,.... a biopsy asap will give us more info, but the scans don`t look good! 

Oh, Tony, I'm so sorry - every digit here is crossed that it's properly treatable, quickly. You're in our thoughts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

Oh, Tony, I'm so sorry - every digit here is crossed that it's properly treatable, quickly. You're in our thoughts.

1 hour ago, pacificmustang said:

The same here Tony 

Bruce 

Thanks Fella`s. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

Great work Tony.

Look after yourself Mate, stay safe..

Thanks bud,..... you too mate and have a great Christmas. 

• Like 1

As ever mate, I am in awe at your models. They are always well researched, well built, and your brush painting continues to look faultless. Moreover, you take the viewer on a brilliant trip around the oft less well-travelled roads of the RAF and Commonwealth air forces.  A pleasure to see, and a very Merry Christmas to you!

Jonners

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

As ever mate, I am in awe at your models. They are always well researched, well built, and your brush painting continues to look faultless. Moreover, you take the viewer on a brilliant trip around the oft less well-travelled roads of the RAF and Commonwealth air forces.  A pleasure to see, and a very Merry Christmas to you!

Jonners

Thanks Jonners ,.... very kind of you bud, and Merry Christmas to you and yours too mate..