I'm Going To Need A Bigger Shelf.

Alex Gordon

G'day Chums,there's been a fair bit of plastic bashing here this year.The first off the line was a 1/48th old tool Airfix Spitfire Vb built for the Interceptors Group Build,thread here.

dbmnGaI.jpg

In the background I had a crack at the 1/48th Hasegawa A6M5 Zero which had been waving its little tentacles at me for quite a while,RFI here.

y4mS4qo9z2Oh6u_i7tKOalhqdCrkUz7Dth7EYEPM

Also in the Interceptors GB the Revell 1/48th F89,build thread here.

zjpWbtG.jpg

In the background of that one I finally finished the Airfix 1/72nd PE2 that I'd started some twenty years or so ago,RFI here.

y4m29V0uD1jWoy5D3oCA5ZxysVEOdYyfC-YBcKll

I decided to have a break from the Group Builds and gave my Monogram/Revell 1/48th A37 a bit of a tart up and reattached all the bits that had broken off over time.This one had it's RFI way back in 2010 here so I took some new photos and added them in.

y4mu3S1_hNrln6gB0iYaWKoVlen6ejC1zMoojzN2

While I was on a tarting up spree I reworked the paint job on Airfix's first look into the 1/48th Mustang,RFI here.

y4mKHUBGEyAm2dbdMej1I-rUcS5u5BAPuy75XIZ7

The Airfix 1/48th Hurricane has aroused plenty of comment.This was an accidental build,I opened the box to check for short shot components and the next thing I knew it was halfway to built and I was contemplating how to thin the wing trailing edge and sort out the other niggles,RFI here.

y4mlPwtCc3ZCKGmiCMcEqcuWrwBeTNyk-YsShVhj

Some of the bits used to correct the Airfix Hurricane came from the Ark Models kit.While I had the box open it would have been rude not to,RFI here.

y4mNeL6Gc8tGuV8SVashY5e6dEcNCwbaaM5p0hEj

I was starting to feel the Group Build bug again,the Unarmed GB was just starting and I'd never built a proper car kit before with access to reference photos so I thought that the Airfix/MPC 1/25th Stutz Bearcat would be a reasonable way to redress the balance.It turned into quite a journey,build thread here.

696RqoA.jpg

As a bit of light relief a Hobbyboss 1/72nd Easykit crossed the bench,one of their Bf 109 G incarnations this time,RFI here.

Hobbyboss-Bf109-G6-Early-8.jpg

While looking for something else the pair of Airfix 1/72nd Spitfires I stopped working on several years ago came back to the surface.Finishing them seemed to be a good thing to do so I did,RFI here.

Airfix-Spitfires-IIa-2.jpg

All of a sudden the Less Than A Tenner Group Build was starting.My first completion in there was yet another 1/72nd Hobbyboss Easykit,their F 84 E,build thread here.

KFM0OyH.jpg

This was followed by the venerable Airfix 54mm Scots Grey which took me into territory I hadn't trodden before.The assistance of some very clued up contributors to the build thread,here,gave us Hugh and Ailsa,

n0iiScy.jpg

Of course I couldn't build just the one could I?

38O6dDS.jpg

I hadn't built a MiG 15 since I was a kid.I happened to have yet another Hobbyboss Easykit to hand.The paint scheme looked rather appealing,I didn't resist the urge,RFI here.

y4mt9ThIg0W8s9NsJ8DW2E0U7Z5PuiK4LGID_DdF

The French Fancy II Group Build hove into view in amongst that lot.It seemed like as good a time as any to build the Heller 1/48th Rafale prototype that I'd been tripping over for years,build thread here.

Heller-Rafale-A-141.jpg

One way or another it's been a worthwhile year at the bench.I would like to thank again all those splendid folk who chipped in to the various threads with the encouragement and gen that gave my efforts that little bit extra.My thanks also to Mike and the Mod Team without whom this site wouldn't exist.

Edited by Alex Gordon
Reworking Village Photo URLs.
  • Like 14

• 2 weeks later...