Thai, 2nd Cavalry Division gate guardian.

sardaukar

Was lucky enough to get on a plane to Thailand for this Christmas.

While looking for a model shop in Bangkok I didn't find. I came across this Chaffee gate guardian, for the Thai 2nd Cavalry Division. King's Guard.

Excuse the finger.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

That M24 is not far from Modelworld model shop. It's too bad you didn't find it. But it might be closed as well. The opening hour can be irregular.

If you're still in Bangkok and have some time on Sunday, December 19, I'd recommend visiting Thai Air Force museum. There will be a large scale model gathering there between 9am and 3 pm. There is a BTS metro station right in front of the museum. 

Nanond

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nanond said:

That M24 is not far from Modelworld model shop. It's too bad you didn't find it. But it might be closed as well. The opening hour can be irregular.

If you're still in Bangkok and have some time on Sunday, December 19, I'd recommend visiting Thai Air Force museum. There will be a large scale model gathering there between 9am and 3 pm. There is a BTS metro station right in front of the museum. 

Nanond

Yeah it was modelworld I was looking for, I never saw anything that even looked like a model shop. The Google maps pin on facebook is vague on actual location. If you have any details on its exactly location that may help.

Unfortunately I'm headed south to the beach on the 19th. However I should be back in Bangkok after Christmas for a day or two.

Ok, have a good time there!

By the way, if you want to find the shop again, I hope this is helpful for you.
There are just a few model shops left in Thailand, and even fewer are easily accessible. Luckily, Modelworld is both easy to access and well-equipped with kits and accessories. There opening hour is not the most reliable though. 

If you can get to that M24 gate guardian, you're almost there. Just head down in the direction of Victory monument until you reach a gas station. The building next to it is PX shop of 2nd Cavalry Division. Modelworld is right in there.

hYv4U7G.png 

Another shop that can be easily accessed is Tamiya shop at Silom (Tamiya product only). It is located on the 3rd floor of Thaniya building. It is open from 10.30 am to 7.30 pm every day. BTS station Sala Daeng is located very close to the building. Metro (MRT) station Silom is also nearby. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tamiya+Shop+Thaniya+Plaza/@13.7288044,100.5316129,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x30e29f2b8abdd627:0x3750f012585aa0c1!8m2!3d13.7288044!4d100.5338016

Happy holidays!
Nanond

• Thanks 1

Ah I saw the PX it just looked like a Thai food court, well if I get back to Bangkok I may give it another try.

I made it to the tamiya shop, in midtown asoke. Picked up a 1/48 t-55 for 800baht which is about UK prices. But it was great to see pretty much a full range of all the tamiya stuff especially the tools which can be expensive in the uk, also things like weathering pens and panel liner which aren't always easy to get in the uk. Left with a bulging bag of goodies and enough tools to make a start on the t-55 in the hotel if things go sideways with the reopening of Thailand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sardaukar said:

Ah I saw the PX it just looked like a Thai food court, well if I get back to Bangkok I may give it another try.

I made it to the tamiya shop, in midtown asoke. Picked up a 1/48 t-55 for 800baht which is about UK prices. But it was great to see pretty much a full range of all the tamiya stuff especially the tools which can be expensive in the uk, also things like weathering pens and panel liner which aren't always easy to get in the uk. Left with a bulging bag of goodies and enough tools to make a start on the t-55 in the hotel if things go sideways with the reopening of Thailand.

Ah! great that you've found that Tamiya shop. Good thought on the back up plan too. I hope you won't have to stay and build kits in Thailand though. 

• Like 1