Ray_W 2021 Yearbook - and no Spitfires. Oh, the shame.

Ray_W

Another good modelling year with a diverse range of subjects. Each with their own challenges.

Kicked off the year with some armour in the MTO GB:

1/35 MiniArt M3 Grant

Grant_Finished_1

Then in the Interceptor GB:

1/48 Eduard MiG-21bis in Bulgarian markings.

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_17

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_1

ANZAC GB and it was the RAAF's turn:

1/48 Kinetic mirage IIIO

Mirage A3-40 Finished 3

Back to AFV's with the Panzer III GB:

1/35 Dragon StuG.III Ausf.G

StuG III STGB Gallery 5

I may not of built any Spitfires, but I did make up for WW2 types with a schwarm of Messerschmitt Bf-109's representing the variants used in Bulgarian service. The Bf-109 GB, here they come:

1/48 Eduard 1941 Bf-109 E3

BM BG Bf-109E3 Gallery 1

1/48 Eduard 1943 Bf-109 G2

BG Bf-109 G2 Finished 1

1/48 Eduard 1944 Bf-109 G6

BM BF-109G6 Gallery 1

1/48 Eduard 1946-47 Bf-109 G6

BM Bf-109G6 OF Finished 1

I kept the Bulgarian theme going in the High Wing GB:

1/48 Mirage Hobby PZL P.24B in Bulgarian Markings

PZL P24B Finished 7

Less than 30 years between the two types and we are here with a F-4B for the Phantom II GB:

1/48 Tamiya F-4B Phantom II

BM F-4B Gallery 14

And lastly a cheeky place holder. Will I sneak in number 11 for the year. Well at least I have the ejection seats done.

Bronco WIP 45

Ray

• Like 28

That's a very impressive collection for the year Ray! I remember your two AFVs particularly well! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing more of your builds in 2022.

Kind regards, 

Stix 

10 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

Some lovely builds there.

Thanks Bruce, a most enjoyable build year. Driven largely by Group Build subjects. Always a good format for getting you out of your comfort zone. I had not built a jet of any description for so long and this year delivered three. A lot of fun. Seems like I am going to keep it going for 2022. I have an EA-18G, F/A-18A, F-105G and a humble Meteor in the pipeline. It might be another year without a Spitfire. Unlikely though. I'll be getting home to my stash in January and intend to bring back my oldie but a goodie 1/48 Airfix FR.47 kit. I really want to go to town on that build. OK maybe a Seafire, but a Spitfire nonetheless.

Ray

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

has that the full interior?

Thanks Bertie,

This one was without the full interior. You'll see I do have the driver's hatch open and stuck a driver in to obscure the view. 

Grant_Finished_3

Ray

@coneheadff @franky boy @Calum @Retired Bob

Thank you for the kind comments. Another most enjoyable modelling year. Hard to pick a personal favourite, as you know, when you put so much time and effort into them. I think the PZL by a close margin to the MiG. I like the PZL because how the weathered glossy red turned out. And for Bob, the MiG was my first and I have come to really like the type. I am now keen to  do a NMF one.

Ray 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ray_W said:

@coneheadff @franky boy @Calum @Retired Bob

Thank you for the kind comments. Another most enjoyable modelling year. Hard to pick a personal favourite, as you know, when you put so much time and effort into them. I think the PZL by a close margin to the MiG. I like the PZL because how the weathered glossy red turned out. And for Bob, the MiG was my first and I have come to really like the type. I am now keen to  do a NMF one.

Ray 

There’s always the Mig 21 STGB beginning in February for that nmf bird Ray. 

James 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 7:29 AM, jackroadkill said:

Being a sucker for a 109, that 1946 G6 really does it for me.

It is an interesting post war scheme. For me they're like Spitfires, I can just keep making them. Always something interesting in the variants and schemes to do. I actually prefer the 1944 G6. It is a scheme I have wanted to do for some time and I was really pleased with the result. All were fun and gave me a result to be happy with. Hard to pick personal favourites.

On 12/25/2021 at 2:27 AM, franky boy said:

There’s always the Mig 21 STGB beginning in February for that nmf bird Ray. 

Hi James, I actually put my name down for the MiG-21 GB with the intention of doing a NMF MiG. The GB timing will cause me a problem as I am booked on a flight home to Australia having been away for a long time due to COVID and European work commitments. Maybe some other priorities will take over. I am getting the MiG ready though just in case.

Ray

• Like 2

Hi James, these are fantastic. I love the winter scene and the stug, and also the phantom (really need to get on and do mine). Is it possible that you quite like me109's by any chance?

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 10:33 PM, MRMRL said:

Is it possible that you quite like me109's by any chance?

Yes, there is a good chance. Also wanted to complete the variants of the 109 in Bulgarian service so it gave me the incentive to build 4. 😁 

Ray

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...