Heather's Workbench for 2021

Heather Kay

Wonderful job on all your subjects Heather. Your work never  ceases to amaze me. If I'm not picking up a neat way to do a build, I learn something new  with obscure aircraft and their histories.( I'm a bit of a history fanatic)  Happy New Year and here's to hoping 2022 regales us with more outstanding builds from your workbench.

19 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

Thanks! You won’t be at all surprised to learn I have the kits for the HP Harrow/Sparrow, DH Albatross, and Valom announced they’re doing the DH Flamingo. I’ll have everything flown by 271 Squadron soon! I like the odd ones. You can keep your Spitfires and Heinkel (though I have already built those, of course).

I agree completely, variety is fun, and all those odd aircraft provide plenty of that. Although having picked 1/32 scale I won't see many I expect 😉

On 01/01/2022 at 13:57, Sky Keg said:

A delightful collection Heather.  Hopefully for 2022, you can match and even surpass this very productive year.  :clap2:

Thanks Mike. I don’t want to make any predictions. I have some kits I really want to build this year, so they’re high on the list to move to the bench. However, I’ve also got an absolute tonne of day job work to get through, and that really needs to be my priority in the coming months.

22 hours ago, spitfire said:

Superb builds, they look more like 1/48 than 1/72 so well done.

Dennis, that’s very kind of you.

21 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Good photographs, like the variety you make.

Taking the photos is all part of the fun. 

20 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Wonderful job on all your subjects Heather.

Cheers Loren! Many of us have a theme to our modelling, but I have found the interest in sticking to a single year just as rewarding. Like you, it’s a lot about the history. If making the models opens up part of the historical story that people weren’t necessarily aware of, then I feel it s a job well done.

5 hours ago, MRMRL said:

I agree completely, variety is fun, and all those odd aircraft provide plenty of that. Although having picked 1/32 scale I won't see many I expect 😉

I love the larger scale stuff. I stick to the smaller scale, mainly because it’s got the range available. And lack of space, obviously. I don’t live in a mansion, or have an industrial unit I can display everything in! 

5 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

A great outcome for 2021. Well done! 👍

Cheers Steve! 

• Like 2

Impressive collection Heather !!

Really well done, I also enjoyed the vehicles !!

One more year you can be proud of !!

Congratulations !! :worthy:

Sincerely.

CC

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/01/2022 at 20:13, exdraken said:

love the fire engine :)

So do I. I’ve loved fire engines since I was very small, as my mother reminded me a little while ago. I don’t think it has anything to do with burly firemen, either, or my favourite colour - which isn’t red!

On 02/01/2022 at 22:04, corsaircorp said:

One more year you can be proud of !!

Thank you, CC. Much obliged.

On 03/01/2022 at 06:47, Yorkshire man said:

Some damn fine work there Heather.

Thank you.

40 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Excellent builds and presentation !

Very kind of you. 2022 has started at a snail's pace. I’ll never get through the 1940 stash as this rate.

Apologies for not catching the January comments sooner. Not sure how I missed them. :blush:

• Like 2