1/72 Handley Page Victor announced in the Airfix Christmas calender

LN-KEH

It would be nice to see an early B2 (pre Bluesteel) bomber version announced, although a B1 would be even better but highly unlikely.

Kinda think that a reissue of a fairly new tool kit is hardly worth revealing in an Advent Calendar, although some of the other reveals have not exactly been that exciting now have they? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 9

See the second part from the last Airfix "Workbench" : Cold war RAF deterrent trilogy

https://us.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/workbench/new-tempest-model-build-and-cold-war-raf-deterrent-trilogy

"Both the Valiant and Vulcan are currently still available on the Airfix website and it remains to be seen if the soon to be announced 2022 range will also include the triumphant return of the Victor."

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy to see it back in the range! Would be great to see it released with parts for both B.2 and K.2 like the Valiant reissue.

I am sure one will wing it's way into my stash regardless!

Blackbuck GB anyone?

So,

28 minutes ago, Robert said:

Thought the reissue of the tanker version would have been better as the Falkands anniversary is next year.

Regards

Robert

Why not all the previous edition parts in one box, including Blue Steel, Recce tray and tanker bits?  Decals for a nuke alert machine and go-juice donor?

I'm guessing we're going to get a second edition of the Vulcan with extra parts for the underwing Westinghouse jammer and Texas Instruments pea shooters. 

I'd really like Airfix to give the Buccaneer an all-inclusive parts boxing, offering the smooth and bulged bay covers in one box. And if they felt adventurous and generous they could add a recce pallet. 

Tony

• Like 2

It has to be a Falklands Victor K.2.  2022, 40 years on from one of the most impressive air to air sorties ever.

I would expect to see the Vulcan reissued in a Black Buck boxing aswel.  Both for late spring 2022.

I guess we will see Harrier, Sea Harrier, Skyhawk, Chinook, Sea King etc reissued, maybe even a Canberra?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 71chally said:

It has to be a Falklands Victor K.2.  2022, 40 years on from one of the most impressive air to air sorties ever.

I would expect to see the Vulcan reissued in a Black Buck boxing aswel.  Both for late spring 2022.

I guess we will see Harrier, Sea Harrier, Skyhawk, Chinook, Sea King etc reissued, maybe even a Canberra?

PR Canberra in Chilean markings? But I digress. 

Tony

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

And now for a decent TSR2 model as I believe this was going to be the eventual replacement for the V-Bombers.

TSR.2 was a replacement for the Canberra.

3 hours ago, 71chally said:

SHAR is already slated for re-release - new boxart, Pre-order | Expected Winter 2021-22

https://uk.airfix.com/products/bae-sea-harrier-frs1-172-a04051a

a04051a_1_bae-sea-harrier-frs1-pack.webp

No sign of the GR.3 though.

A-4Q with Argie markings is also currently in the catalogue. 

https://uk.airfix.com/products/douglas-4bq-skyhawk-a03029a

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Among all the various permutations hoped for, can I be the only one preferring to see an option with 35 x1000lb GP  bombs😉😊?

No, you're not. I'd like to see that too!

• Like 2

Great news if the Victor is reissued, they’re stupid prices on eBay at the moment like the Valiant was until reissued. I’ve only got one Victor B2 in the stash and really want a K2 as well (and ideally a B1!) 

On 18/12/2021 at 06:27, Rabbit Leader said:

It would be nice to see an early B2 (pre Bluesteel) bomber version announced, although a B1 would be even better but highly unlikely.

I highly doubt either variant will be done. For the B.Mk.2 you need to replace the APU intake at the base of the fin which is integrally moulded with the fuselage halves, you also need to replace the intakes, the lower half of the inner portion of the wings, the entire outer portion of the wings (except for the batch XM714-718), and then the easy bits like the nose probe (B1 style) and canopy (without a slot for IFR). 

The B1 unfortunately would need even more replacing.

Maybe another company like Revell or Zvezda which seem happy to tool large kits could cover the B1 variants? Revell's reissued Matchbox Victor K2 which is lightyears behind the Airfix one continued to sell at about half the price of the Airfix K2, so if they aimed at a slightly higher £40 price- which is still much lower than Airfix's- then it might sell quite well.

Anyway, I won't be buying a reissued one I think.... I already have four of these

Edited by Adam Poultney

On 12/18/2021 at 12:51 PM, Wez said:

TSR.2 was a replacement for the Canberra.

Yes, I am aware of that.......

however I would suggest that post Gary Powers when the High Level Bombers became Low Level Bombers, the TSR2's would have subsumed the role in the log run.  

1 hour ago, PLC1966 said:

Yes, I am aware of that.......

however I would suggest that post Gary Powers when the High Level Bombers became Low Level Bombers, the TSR2's would have subsumed the role in the log run.  

I seem to recall there was a degree of design creep/ wishful thinking at the time. I suspect TSR2 wouldn’t have the legs to go beyond Eastern Europe without in flight refuelling anyway. Allowing for routing to try and avoid well defended areas the range problem increases. Earlier that wasn’t quite the problem it later became. 

• Like 1

TSR2 was designed to go 1000 miles.  It was pointed out at the time (by Hooker, I believe) that this was an ambitious requirement, whereas 900 miles was achievable at a much lower cost.  This comment was ignored.  What it actually would have achieved was never properly established, of course.

• Like 2

900-1000 miles range unrefuelled barely makes Warsaw from the UK though. That’s flying straight there airline style too 

Anyway back on topic, great news all 3 V Bombers will be on the shelf in modern toolings at the same time. Hope it stays that way too

• Like 2

But from German bases?  However, in an all-out nuclear war, who said anything about coming back?

Remember what Andrew Brookes (ex V-bomber pilot) said is his book on the subject.  The role of the RAF's "independent deterrent" was to blow open a route for the USAF's heavies to come though later.

• Like 2