Handley Page H.P.42 (HELENA)

Hello colleagues!
       In late 1928, Handley Page chief designer George Walkert began designing a liner with improved reliability, range, cargo capacity and passenger comfort. ... The project is designated Handley Page H.P.42. The pilot car of the series was already built by 1930. Two versions of Handley Page H.P.42 were developed and produced - for flights on European routes H.P.42W (Western - Western) and for long-distance flights H.P.42E (Eastern - Eastern). These variants of the aircraft differed in engines (the western one was equipped with four 9-cylinder Bristol Jupiter XFBM engines, and the eastern one was equipped with less powerful Bristol Jupiter XIF engines) and passenger compartment capacity.
          Not a bad set from the 90s for lovers of civil aviation of the 30s of the last century from the AIRFIX company. This model is rooted in the distant 60s of the last century. In spite of its age, the set is quite decent, even if you collect a "box". I tried to diversify and complement the model a little, fantasized a little with the interior, fenders and chassis. As far as possible, to judge you. "Glass" with model PVA, painted Valejio and Mr. Hoby as usual, slightly stained with art oil. At the end there are some pictures from the construction site. I tried to overlay the photo of the salon on the photo, a little awkwardly, but as best I could.
       Happy viewing.
        Regards, Mikhailspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 58
  • Thanks 1

A beautiful model , Mikhail . Your overlays are very impressive . That aeroplane is my " dream machine " in 1/32nd scale 

Don .

Mikhail,

This really is outstanding work - hard to believe this was the old Airfix kit, actually.

Love your interior and other details.

Regards

Dave

Really impressive model! I like how it turned out and hats off to all the work done on it! 

Incredible evolution that civil aviation made - an airplane carrying 40 people was a colossus in the 30s but now it's a little airplane for regional routes :)

Edited by Dennis_C

That is truly masterful, beautiful neat and creative modelling and it looks several scales bigger than it is. If you'd told me it was 48th I would have believed you!

Also I love the creative photography, for a moment I thought you had built it cutaway on the starboard side!