1/48 Avro Anson Mk1 ASV Radar Trainer

4 hours ago, robgizlu said:

What a beautiful model - definitely one to be proud of :clap2:

Rob

Thanks Rob   I am really pleased with how it turned out. 

3 hours ago, Vulcanicity said:

The heck do you brush paint yellow like that?! Superb! And kudos for tackling a complex interior which is very visible without enough references! Brings back memories of tearing my hair out over Proctor radio trainer fit using the Frog kit many moons ago...

😄 Thanks Vulcanicity. Very kind.  I don't have a suitable place to airbrush so have not used one before.  The interior held me up a bit  trying to find info etc and the info was on another build of an RAF radar trainer. I imagined they would be similar and so went with that.  I know what you went through  there now.

2 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Amazing Anson, a truly great build !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman,  very kind of you

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

WOW, that so impressive! Incredible modelling all round. And brush painted too! Awesome work Chris! Very well done. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix very kind of you , really chuffed with it, got a yellow and black large scale Lysander to do too.  Your brushwork is fantastic too.

Thanks guys for your generous comments 

Chris

• Like 1

stunning build Chris

having just slapped some yellow on a couple of wings I know how difficult the colour can be, and you've not used an air-brush?, they're be a mob with pitchforks and torches along shortly as I'm sure you're using some sort of magic

rgds

John(shortCummins)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Neil.C said:

Incredible work Chris.

You should be justly proud. 👍

Thanks Neil, very kind , I am really chuffed with it.

4 hours ago, shortCummins said:

stunning build Chris

having just slapped some yellow on a couple of wings I know how difficult the colour can be, and you've not used an air-brush?, they're be a mob with pitchforks and torches along shortly as I'm sure you're using some sort of magic

rgds

John(shortCummins)

😄 Thanks John , really kind of you, I do love the painting bit.  I am keeping an eye out for the mob. I like that. 

4 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Super cool model of a more unusual subject

Thanks Alistair, very kind  once I saw the scheme , I just had to do it.

Thanks guys for your great comments. 

Chris

Wow! Sometimes you just have to say WOW! and then wonder how on earth does someone achieve this level of finish with a hairy stick!

There have been some stunning models on BM this year and this one is up there with the best, good job!

• Thanks 1

Wow, what an exceptional model. Yellow is surely one of the hardest finishes to do, and you've knocked that out of the park. The glazing is really good too, no wonder you are proud of it, you should be!

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

Not sure how I missed this RFI Chris, having watched this come together in the WIP.

Many folks have said many things expressing how magnificant this end result is, and I can only echo all those words. Your skill at hand painting alone seems to far exceed anything I have seen before, but so many other aspects of this are worthy of note.

Stunning job which you should be extremely proud of!

Terry

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Wow! Sometimes you just have to say WOW! and then wonder how on earth does someone achieve this level of finish with a hairy stick!

There have been some stunning models on BM this year and this one is up there with the best, good job!

I am going to say it too, Wow thank you very much for that very generous comment, I am really touched.

9 hours ago, Viking said:

Wow, what an exceptional model. Yellow is surely one of the hardest finishes to do, and you've knocked that out of the park. The glazing is really good too, no wonder you are proud of it, you should be!

Cheers

John

Thank you too John   very kind of you too, when I was halfway through the glazing I was thinking how much longer 😀 

9 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Not sure how I missed this RFI Chris, having watched this come together in the WIP.

Many folks have said many things expressing how magnificant this end result is, and I can only echo all those words. Your skill at hand painting alone seems to far exceed anything I have seen before, but so many other aspects of this are worthy of note.

Stunning job which you should be extremely proud of!

Terry

Thanks and no worries Terry,  very kind indeed.   I am struggling to keep up at the mo myself.  I really enjoyed the challenges this build threw at me, the painting is one, but is also very relaxing too. Thanks for your support and encouragement during the build.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bell209 said:

So you should be (proud, that is)!

😄 Thanks Bell209  very kind of you  I am very proud of it.

2 hours ago, Maginot said:

Absolute cracker.

Thanks Maginot, really kind it certainly stands out in my display. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

An absolute pleasure Chris !!

Man, I still stay in awe for your brush painting !! Incredibly good !!

You have all and any reasons to be proud of your rendition of Annie !!

:mike:

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

Wow Chris! . Another yellow masterpiece. And brush painted with Humbrol.... That'll have a few modellers scratching their heads. 

The (extensive) glazing and definition around the cockpit area is perfect, and the florry? panel details and rivets /fasteners is just.... perfect. 

Love it! 

I'd better go back and catch up on the WIP 😎

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

An absolute pleasure Chris !!

Man, I still stay in awe for your brush painting !! Incredibly good !!

You have all and any reasons to be proud of your rendition of Annie !!

:mike:

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC Really kind of you, I am really proud of this one.

7 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Wow Chris! . Another yellow masterpiece. And brush painted with Humbrol.... That'll have a few modellers scratching their heads. 

The (extensive) glazing and definition around the cockpit area is perfect, and the florry? panel details and rivets /fasteners is just.... perfect. 

Love it! 

I'd better go back and catch up on the WIP 😎

Thanks Rob, very kind of you too.  The larger the model just means a bigger flat brush.  Although the raised areas on the wings was a bit fun to paint.  The Glazing was interesting as it took three coats of interior green then the six top coats of yellow and was not masked so any bits on the glazing were removed with a cocktail stick.   

The wash is an oil paint wash,  I do have bottles of Flory was but never seem to get on with it that well, I think it's possibly due to the depth of the panel lines  after all my paint  as when I wipe off the excess it just takes the lot off unfortunately.   

Thanks guys for your very kind comments

Chris

• Like 2