1/48 Avro Anson Mk1 ASV Radar Trainer

Superb this Chris,..... this is a difficult kit to build and you have well and truly beaten it, then added some brilliant touches. The brush painted yellow is truly magnificent mate and a crowning glory.

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue Monday said:

Museum-quality model you have there.

BM.

Thanks BM , that is very kind of you.

1 hour ago, Wings unlevel said:

Amazing Annie!

Thanks Wings unlevel,  very kind too.

1 hour ago, Jonners said:

So you should be, Chris! Superb result, mate.

Jon

Thanks Jon , very kind  I have really enjoyed this one,  another long build!!!

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Superb this Chris,..... this is a difficult kit to build and you have well and truly beaten it, then added some brilliant touches. The brush painted yellow is truly magnificent mate and a crowning glory.

Cheers

Tony 

Thanks Tony for your kind comments and your help and support too .  I certainly enjoyed the research too. As you know the painting stage is very enjoyable and therapeutic,  one of my favourite parts, look out for another large yellow and black striped machine soon(ish).

57 minutes ago, amos brierley said:

Dandy photos - delicious colour scheme - delightful model.        😉

Thanks Amos  I saw this scheme years ago and have wanted to do it ever since,  it's quite different. 

56 minutes ago, Dogtail2 said:

Great job !

Thanks Dogtail2 

46 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

As you should be it's a masterpiece.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair  and thanks for your support during this build too. Very pleased with how this turned out.

40 minutes ago, Paul J said:

That is brilliant.  Very nice work Chris.

Thanks Paul, the Anson book I bought from you was very helpful  indeed. Great timing  thanks fella. 

26 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Absolutely stunning build Chris. You are right to feel proud of this mate it's a cracking result 👍 👏 👌 

Thanks Andy very kind of you too fella  a very enjoyable kit although limited run kit and does require a bit of extra work, but good fun.

14 minutes ago, Baldy said:

You are right to be proud Chris - that looks absolutely lovely! Beautifully built and finished. Brush painting suits the type very well too!. Love it!

Cheers

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm, really kind of you , I love the painting stage, you can escape into another world. 

2 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

Wow...that's really special. Awesome work. The weathering is spot on and looks perfect 

Thanks binbrook87 really kind of you, I thought it would be quite a well kept airframe  with minor staining and some dings.   

Thanks everyone 

Chris

• Like 4

Chris,

This is stunning work. The level of finish and attention to detail make this one of the best builds I have seen this year. Congratulations mate - a superb end to 2021!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

Be proud of it! That is a little beauty.

Thanks John , very kind of you.  I am very pleased with it.

44 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

This is stunning work. The level of finish and attention to detail make this one of the best builds I have seen this year. Congratulations mate - a superb end to 2021!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, very kind indeed fella.  Thank you for your support during the build too, I really appreciate it. A big chunk of yellow for the yearbook. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Sorry for the amount of piccies

Never be sorry for lots of pictures. If anything be sorry for the opposite. 

10 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I am quite proud of this one

9 hours ago, Jonners said:

So you should be, Chris! Superb result,

What he (and many others) said! A fantabulous model Sir. 

Him Chris,

this is really stunning. I love this plane, it’s the birth of a typical trainer. I especially like the cockpit frame and your meticulous masking and painting.

Thats really spot on. Also the the engines and all these other fine details are really nice. You can really be proud of it.  This is brush painted?? 
the worst color yellow brush painted…. Can’t believe!   That’s really professional from A to Z.

All the best 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RMCS said:

Very nice 

Thanks RMCS 

2 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

Never be sorry for lots of pictures. If anything be sorry for the opposite. 

What he (and many others) said! A fantabulous model Sir. 

Thanks AP, very kind of you

1 hour ago, Devo said:

Awesomely brush painted....and yellow! Well done that man. :yes:

Hairy sticker's rule.:cheers:

Thanks Devo, that is tremendously kind.  I love the painting part and have loved yellow aircraft too, so have done two big yellow models this year, will be back on EDSG over Sky for the next builds, before another yellow one!!!

31 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

Him Chris,

this is really stunning. I love this plane, it’s the birth of a typical trainer. I especially like the cockpit frame and your meticulous masking and painting.

Thats really spot on. Also the the engines and all these other fine details are really nice. You can really be proud of it.  This is brush painted?? 
the worst color yellow brush painted…. Can’t believe!   That’s really professional from A to Z.

All the best 

Andy 

Thanks Andy for your very generous comments.  It's a lovely model and was a fun project.  The good thing about brushpainting is that no masking is needed for the canopy framing, just a thin brush and steady hand, any excess is gently rubbed away with a cocktail stick.  The painting part is my favourite part, to try and geta good finish with a brush.

27 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Like the weather just around the cowlings and the greasy paw prints.

Thanks bushproplinerfan, it was a fairly clean machine and would be well looked after  so it was just trying to get that balance without going overboard  I am very pleased you like it.  

Thanks everyone

Chris

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Brush painted using Humbrol enamels. 

:gobsmacked: Chris I can't even airbrush yellow

This is a beautifully constructed model and the finish defies belief 👏👏👏

12 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Sorry for the amount of piccies but I am quite proud of this one.

Take a bow mate and post as many pics as you like. This is one of the models of the year for me 👍

Alan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Alan P said:

:gobsmacked: Chris I can't even airbrush yellow

This is a beautifully constructed model and the finish defies belief 👏👏👏

Take a bow mate and post as many pics as you like. This is one of the models of the year for me 👍

Alan

Thanks Alan, really kind of you.  I have enjoyed the project mainly  there were a couple of items where it sat for a while   my distraction builds were helpful at those times.  I do have another large model that will be in yellow too  but going back to EDSG over Sky for a while first.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

You've every right to be very proud of that one, Chris -

Excellent work, especially as yellow not the easiest colour to work with.

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1