Looking for Kortenaer (Standard class) frigate reference photos

Ex-FAAWAFU

At Telford I succumbed & bought a 1/350 Kortenaer from the lovely Dutch peops on the Naval Models stand.  It has arrived and looks fab.  I plan to build it as a present for one of my best friends, a Dutch Naval Officer who did an exchange tour with me in HMS Broadsword but served in Hr.Ms. Kortenaer herself and also Hr.Ms. Bloys v. Treslong.  Likely to build the kit as the latter, I think, because she was the only Dutch frigate I ever landed on for a suck of fuel.

Anyone able to point me at reference photos of the class (including in their later Elli Class lives with the Hellenic Navy) and/or their German cousins, the Bremens?  I have found a few on line, but it’s pretty thin stuff!

I did Ex BALTOPS 88 embarked in HNlMS Abraham Crijnssen while my steamer, PENELOPE, was having a boiler clean after some young MEM opened the wrong valve and contaminated the feed water inlet.  Our Captain thought it would be a good wheeze for the RN to show solidarity with our NATO cousins despite the fact that PENELOPE was on Q Pier in Portland about 6 miles from my house!

I did take a fair few photographs while we were there but they're all hard copy and I will need to try to find the box they're in before I can even start scanning.  But I'm off now for a few days so I'll see what I can find.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...