THE MONSTER OF REMOTE TIMES, THE LAST COLOSSUS OF AN ERA, "T10M 1/35 MENG"

Hi Francis,

If I had just found these photos on the internet and didn't know whose model this was, I WOULDN'T have guessed it was yours.

The thing that 'threw me' is the modulation, which I've seen you use before, but you've reached a much a higher level here. Once again, you're stepping up closer to being a 'Master' of our art.

Of the model itself, it really does look like a smart, tidy and well-detailed kit and that working suspension and those tracks do look really good. My only reservation is that log strapped to the side. It's awful! The bark detail is so bad I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a log which has had most of the bark stripped off, or not. 

Only hours of carving and re-painting are going to make it look any better IMHO, so if it were up to me I'd remove it and replace it with something more realistic.

I know you'll take that in good spirit. Talking of spirits, I myself am having a whole bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream right now! Cheers and here's wishing you and yours a much improved 2022!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

Amazing work Francis,

What a beast. Just to think that it's predecessor roamed the streets of Berlin in 45 must have send shock waves to the western allies. Your models keep on progressing, wonderful work mate,

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

On 20/12/2021 at 00:18, Carius said:

Another superb job my friend. I like that a lot.

Cheers :cheers:

Hi Carius,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers, TC and HNY 👍🎅

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

On 20/12/2021 at 09:21, Jasper dog said:

Superb build, as ever Francis, each one just gets the little bit better!

The paintwork is just outstanding,  love all the tonal variations,  streaking and weathering,  brilliant!

The finish captures just how I would imagine an early cold war monster to look.

Great work 

Darryl 

Hi Darryl,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it. 

It really is a Brute, it was difficult to take the photos, because the barrel tube is so long that it is not easy to focus on the model ...
Cheers, TC and HNY.
Francis.👍🎅

On 20/12/2021 at 12:44, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. I hope you are keeping well. I have to agree with what some of the other modellers have been saying above..........this is certainly your best model yet and each one before this is brilliant too! Awesome modelling, painting and weathering! Very well done! :worthy: :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Many thanks for your follow, like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.I imagine that like most, I try to improve the finish of the models that I finish, sometimes with more luck than other ... lol.
Thanks, I'm fine, I'm not complaining, lol ... I hope you are feeling well again and see something more from your workshop soon.
Cheers, TC and HNY
Francis.👍

On 20/12/2021 at 16:41, Buzby061 said:

First class. I wish I could master modulation like that.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it,

I bet you are very capable of getting it, I keep experimenting and trying to find the easiest and most effective technique to get what I like...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 31/12/2021 at 20:46, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

If I had just found these photos on the internet and didn't know whose model this was, I WOULDN'T have guessed it was yours.

The thing that 'threw me' is the modulation, which I've seen you use before, but you've reached a much a higher level here. Once again, you're stepping up closer to being a 'Master' of our art.

Of the model itself, it really does look like a smart, tidy and well-detailed kit and that working suspension and those tracks do look really good. My only reservation is that log strapped to the side. It's awful! The bark detail is so bad I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a log which has had most of the bark stripped off, or not. 

Only hours of carving and re-painting are going to make it look any better IMHO, so if it were up to me I'd remove it and replace it with something more realistic.

I know you'll take that in good spirit. Talking of spirits, I myself am having a whole bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream right now! Cheers and here's wishing you and yours a much improved 2022!

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder,

Many thanks for your follow, like and most kind words, i'm glad you like it.

All the best, and TC

Francis.👍

Francis, you have made a really impressive model of tank that I really like. On top of that you present your work very nicely in great quality photos. :goodjob:

I also wrote this so you can thank me two, maybe three days later for my "kind words" and keep your topic on the front page for another week. But now that I look at it, Ernst, MRMRL, LeeM, Sardaukar and Nenad are still ahead of me, so propably I'll have to wait more than a week. But patience is one of the greatest virtues of a modeller. Anyway, I know I won't have to look far for this topic :rofl:

• Thanks 1

On 03/01/2022 at 19:19, Ernst said:

Amazing work Francis,

What a beast. Just to think that it's predecessor roamed the streets of Berlin in 45 must have send shock waves to the western allies. Your models keep on progressing, wonderful work mate,

Cheers,

Ernst.

Hi Ernst,

You are very right, I had not thought of that, I could have included a photo with the IS-2 next to it, as an "Alpha and Omega"...:doh:
I miss some of your work, I hope you publish something soon.
All the best and TC,
Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 05/01/2022 at 10:28, MRMRL said:

This is fantastic, I couldn't produce an effect like this if I "practised" for another 25 years, great work

Hi MRMRL,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

I am convinced that if you put your mind to it you will do something similar or better, and not in twenty-five years, it has only taken me seven...lol.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

On 07/01/2022 at 16:49, LeeM said:

Hi Francis

A lovely  build.  The wear and colour modulation are great. A very interesting seldom seem model. 

Hi LeeM,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it. You're very right, it's not a very popular model, I don't know why, maybe the kit is too expensive, or the modeler in general just doesn't like it...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

On 17/01/2022 at 15:37, Nenad Ilijic said:

Great work Francis. Painting is beautiful! Both camouflage and all the little details.

Nenad

Hi Nenad,

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

On 23/01/2022 at 20:49, Tom W. said:

Francis, you have made a really impressive model of tank that I really like. On top of that you present your work very nicely in great quality photos. :goodjob:

I also wrote this so you can thank me two, maybe three days later for my "kind words" and keep your topic on the front page for another week. But now that I look at it, Ernst, MRMRL, LeeM, Sardaukar and Nenad are still ahead of me, so propably I'll have to wait more than a week. But patience is one of the greatest virtues of a modeller. Anyway, I know I won't have to look far for this topic :rofl:

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for your lika and most kind words, i'm glad you like it.

No need to worry about that, my friend, I will always reply to someone who took a minute to look more closely at my work and comment on it, and show my sincere appreciation for it.
As I told you by PM I have reasons for it...lol,
Recently I have seen your wonderful Polish T72 on another page, and I have tried to comment, but it does not seem that the page saves the comment, so I take the opportunity here to do so,
"Congratulations for a well-deserved job, and it seems that we are privileged, because this page seems to be mainly from Aircrafts (pro level), and both of us have entered with at least an AFV job on it (I with an IS-2 Stalin of the Polish army too)..."
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

I'll sit on a corner and cry now..... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Man you got skills! This is truly an amazing build! The weathering, colormodulation it's all top of the bill. 

I salute you sir!!!!

• Thanks 1