THE MONSTER OF REMOTE TIMES, THE LAST COLOSSUS OF AN ERA, "T10M 1/35 MENG"

Hi Pals,

For this somewhat Soviet occasion, it is the MENG brand T10M, a bit modern for my taste, but still "tank-shaped" ... lol

It is my first kit of this brand, and already quite an expensive one (to be 1/35 and without interiors), although I got it at a "reasonable" price.
I have waited until I have more skill and materials, trying not to spoil a quality kit and not an "oldie" (not that I like that, of course ...).

It really is a very good kit compared to others that I have already made, even the tracks, without being made of metal, are very interesting, with their assembly system (thank goodness that specific parts are included for it).
Although they are obviously quite delicate, and once finished, it was very difficult for me not to "open" somewhere ...

The suspension is also "functional", the detail is very cool ...

For me the instructions are somewhat confusing in very small parts, which makes you have to use a magnifying glass to study well how that piece is going and where exactly, nothing like Tamiya's (IMHO, the best for me).

For the rest, it is a very simple kit to assemble, since its fit is very good, I do not remember big problems.

At the time of painting, I saw finished models before, and I tried some shades of green, but it was darkening terribly, and when the weathering was done ... the result was not going to be very striking.

Once clean (I don't remember if it was once or twice), I opted for a lighter base color, to be able to work on color modulation and subsequent weathering, trying to make the previous work visible and not look too dark.

I opted for a weathering that can be "seen", because although it seems that these tanks only entered "action" when Prague, their optional career has been very long, so although they have not entered real combat, the maneuvers must have been numerous and constant throughout all that time ...

I include some photos of real vehicles, in which you can see what I comment, vehicles in maneuvers, and in "dirty" and "dusty" terrain, which will undoubtedly make the vehicle look well "wehathered" before going to the maintenance workshop ...LOL

I hope you like it, and thank you very much for watching and commenting as always.

Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

REAL PICS: (Only for info purpose)

ekdH9Ib.jpg

wPWLujf.jpg

ptyrKqk.jpg

rBwrVcO.jpg

3UHJM81.jpg

WHITE BACKGROUND:

7jVUa3h.jpg

LXPTzau.jpg

wSsRnLx.jpg

E7uAOib.jpg

UKdxREu.jpg

IG3rf1a.jpg

MQ5Nvj9.jpg

nn0RbSX.jpg

YJC36o7.jpg

Ux9Jrjk.jpg

uIwBV2G.jpg

wz3GyRs.jpg

BLACK BACKGROUND:

CQ2alyz.jpg

IYIjzWI.jpg

kjlW6Lx.jpg

0bEsOf2.jpg

vbSiFKp.jpg

1bzagU4.jpg

FwIDjw8.jpg

XBylIAg.jpg

zE5zqTC.jpg

LXoCcW2.jpg

3ja8lM8.jpg

NElhG7j.jpg

OLeA23W.jpg

AWVPXJW.jpg

CDDk7OQ.jpg

6MyboGB.jpg

As3SvJw.jpg

DiSJXRr.jpg

p1yhmI6.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 73

On 15/12/2021 at 19:44, colin said:

Very nice model, but I think 47 photos of the completed model is a bit overkill 😉

Hi colin,

Thanks, i'm glad you like it, It may seem somewhat excessive, but based on the fact that there is no maximum number to post photos, I have not taken that into account, although of course I have my reasons for doing so, it is not only because I feel like it (the photos do not they are precisely to make and put, there is also a job of selection and adjustment of sizes, etc ... being obviously easier to make a handful and post them in any way), anyway and seeing that there are members who do not seem to like this, I have argued at the beginning of the topic an observation to that, please read it if you are interested.
Francis.

On 15/12/2021 at 19:46, Lazy Modeller said:

Fantastic! But you shouldn't show this to all of us! You're putting us in the hall of shame! :rofl:👏

Cheers

LM

Hi LM,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it. 

I assure you it was not my intention (:devil:) ... lol, but now that you mention it, sometime I had to be out of there ... or not? ... :rofl:
It also happens to me often when I see other mate works ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi colin,

Thanks, i'm glad you like it, It may seem somewhat excessive, but based on the fact that there is no maximum number to post photos, I have not taken that into account, although of course I have my reasons for doing so, it is not only because I feel like it (the photos do not they are precisely to make and put, there is also a job of selection and adjustment of sizes, etc ... being obviously easier to make a handful and post them in any way), anyway and seeing that there are members who do not seem to like this, I have argued at the beginning of the topic an observation to that, please read it if you are interested.
Francis.

Not a criticism of you build in any way, and I appreciate prople want to show off their creations and why not when they are that good. But imho after say 8 photos of the model some people may just zip through the rest of them and not bother to leave or like the post due to scrolling down so fast to get to the end or even just click off before the end

All the best

Colin

• Thanks 1

On 15/12/2021 at 22:36, edjbartos said:

That is one beautifully painted model, I really like the different tones that are present, especially the view looking down on the top of the tank showing the modulation and streaks etc. Stunning model, top job...👍

Ed

Hi Ed,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, i'm glad you like it. I have tried to find different shades in the vehicle, to break the monotony of green, as an almost unique color, with the exception of the log and the engine grilles.
Cheers and MC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

Superb build, as ever Francis, each one just gets the little bit better!

The paintwork is just outstanding,  love all the tonal variations,  streaking and weathering,  brilliant!

The finish captures just how I would imagine an early cold war monster to look.

Great work 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

Hi Francis. I hope you are keeping well. I have to agree with what some of the other modellers have been saying above..........this is certainly your best model yet and each one before this is brilliant too! Awesome modelling, painting and weathering! Very well done! :worthy: :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 16/12/2021 at 10:31, Bullbasket said:

IMO Francis, that is probably the best model that you have produced on here. The way that you have portrayed the 4BO is perfect. Great job all round.

John.

Hi John,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it. 

I still need to master the mix of tones and colors to find the most "suitable?" ... anyway I think I found something appropriate enough to what I wanted.
Cheers, TC and MC
Francis.👍🎅

Edited by FrancisGL

On 16/12/2021 at 17:07, echen said:

Great work. The weathering and general "well-used" appearance looks just right. :goodjob:

Hi echen,

Many thanks for ypur kind words, i'm glad you like it. Well yes, that was my idea when it came to focusing on the aspect, something used (as can be seen in the photos of the real model), but that has not entered combat ...
Cheers, TC and MC
Francis.👍🎅