Scratch built- Stokes ML- 3 mortar (Part of 'Rounds Complete' diorama.) 1/35

Muchmirth

As promised and inspired by @Model Mate scratch built Pierce-arrow aa truck I thought I'd have a crack as something far more basic and manageable (as first venture/attempt). I wanted to use brass but chickened out, as I don't have right tools for this. Instead I used Evergreen abs, a bit of a paper clip, bits of spare sprue, some string and stretched sprue and some off cuts from a brass PE section (ie- a load of old tat I had laying around!) Voila, here it is a ML-3 inch mortar. This will eventually feature in my next diorama, which will appear in the RFI diorama section, in the new year. It'll be call 'Rounds Complete' and be set in Arnhem with a single figure. It'll have many more scratch built items such as:

Vintage pictures, a rocking horse, tables, chairs, ammo boxes, maybe a guitar/violin case, tarps, stowage, gas lamp, books etc etc. I might add a few pics here as things progress.    

Its a bit rough around the edges, far from perfect but I'm reasonably happy with it. 

Before paint: 

P1020485 P1020486

After a bit of additions and paint:

P1020551

P1020552

Thanks for taking a look

Paul

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Model Mate said:

I've only just seen this on a rare trip to the diorama section - excellent work! I'm really humbled that my stuff inspired you and looking forward to see how the bigger picture turns out.

Hi model mate, thank you for the comment. If your interested the bigger picture is in the rfi section  of the diorama forums, under the title ‘rounds complete’.

Edited by Muchmirth
Added comment.