Boeing 767-336 British Airways Landor livery,Revell

This is the original Revell 767-300 kit that came with Gulf Air and British Airways decals and additional RollsRoyce engines in 1992.

The decals were not in the best condition,although I used the Gulf Air decals for an other 767.

The BA decals had an error in the tail,so I ordered a set from 26decals that also offered the option to build all BA -300s as well as the -200s that flew in the USA.

The windows are from Authentic Airliners,quite an adventure to get the correct layout for each 767...

The build was straight forward.Everything fits very well and not a lot of filler was needed.

The only thing thats quite annoying,is all those different windows and door layouts the 767-300s have in airline service.I found out about 4 ! different layouts throughout my builds🤪...

But thats not the kits fault.

I really like the Revell 767,and I recently bought 2 of the Chelsea Rose release as well as another 1991 Lauda kit.I still have some decals for the 767...

Painted with Revell,Gunze and Tamyia paints.

Revell 371 for the grey upper fuselage,Tamyia Royal blue for the lower part and engines.

Gunze 315 for the light grey on the wings and a mix of Tamyia 56 and 66 for the corogard panels.Clear coated with Gunze Premium clear.

I am planning on building most of the BA fleet in the Landor livery as I think this was one of the smartest and most elegant liveries ever designed.There are still a few types needed to add,so this will be a story to be continued...

Cheers

Alex

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next up in line in the next days are

Gulf Air 767-300

LTU SÜD 767-300ER

LAUDA 767-300ER

QANTAS 767-300 Special Livery

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 28

2 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

A 767 in Landor,what a beauty...

Thank you very much

2 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

This is beautiful livery. Real classic. 

Thank you very much

• Like 1

That is beautiful work, a very clean finish and a great choice of scheme. Your build is far cleaner than when I last had my hands on NWJ back in 1996-97!

I have worked on NWJ more than once in my career, but was very surprised when the aircraft and I crossed paths again far more recently with it now living in a new colour scheme and at a ripe old age of 28 years old!! Eastern were providing repatriation flights into Glasgow in Sept 2019 following the collapse of Thomas Cook and a single blue thrust reverser half on N705KW (not visible in my photo, it was on the No1 engine inboard position) set me off making some Google research. After a bit of digging I discovered it had previously been G-BNWJ, and knew I had some old photo's from back then. The other aircraft that was operating into Glasgow back in 2019 was N703KW and had previously been G-BNWK!

J1MSy3NFTJ6Fx%0f%QP5uA

Eastern B763 N705KW - 28-09-2019

I recently picked up the re-released Revell 767 as, like you point out, its a superb kit. Think mine will be built in the Chatham livery, the last worn by these magnificent machines.

Superb build and well done,

Eng 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, eng said:

That is beautiful work, a very clean finish and a great choice of scheme. Your build is far cleaner than when I last had my hands on NWJ back in 1996-97!

I have worked on NWJ more than once in my career, but was very surprised when the aircraft and I crossed paths again far more recently with it now living in a new colour scheme and at a ripe old age of 28 years old!! Eastern were providing repatriation flights into Glasgow in Sept 2019 following the collapse of Thomas Cook and a single blue thrust reverser half on N705KW (not visible in my photo, it was on the No1 engine inboard position) set me off making some Google research. After a bit of digging I discovered it had previously been G-BNWJ, and knew I had some old photo's from back then. The other aircraft that was operating into Glasgow back in 2019 was N703KW and had previously been G-BNWK!

J1MSy3NFTJ6Fx%0f%QP5uA

Eastern B763 N705KW - 28-09-2019

I recently picked up the re-released Revell 767 as, like you point out, its a superb kit. Think mine will be built in the Chatham livery, the last worn by these magnificent machines.

Superb build and well done,

Eng 

Thank you very much.

Very interesting insights about the aircraft.

Shes looking really worn out on the first picture., but good to know that shes still in service at that age.

i chose to build it factory fresh because I found a photograph in a 767 book where one stands at the Renton factory prior to delivery,looked so elegant in the new glossy finish.

The 767 proved,and still does,to be the ideal aircraft for many airlines.

i always liked the 767 but never got the chance to fly on it.

• Like 1

Just beautiful Alex, thanks for sharing.

The Revell 767 was the kit that got me started with airliners round about 1993 and it's still one of my favourites. I was at a meeting of the Glasgow IPMS branch when another member turned up with a Revell 767 which had just arrived in the shops. Up to that point the best airliner kit on the market was probably the Airfix A300 and I had never seen anything like the 767 - a 1/144 civil airliner with engraved panel lines, detailed (to a point) undercarriage and a choice of engines:wub: I bought one the next day and I've never looked back since. Seeing your beauties is tempting me to get one out of the stash. Maybe next year.....

Meantime I'm looking forward to your other 767s particularly LTU Süd.

Dave G

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stringbag said:

That's a damned fine model Alex.  The grey you have used for the fuselage top looks about the best I've seen for this livery.  Thanks for sharing.

Chris.

Thank you very much Chris.

The Revell light grey 371,gloss coated,comes very close to the real thing.

10 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Just beautiful Alex, thanks for sharing.

The Revell 767 was the kit that got me started with airliners round about 1993 and it's still one of my favourites. I was at a meeting of the Glasgow IPMS branch when another member turned up with a Revell 767 which had just arrived in the shops. Up to that point the best airliner kit on the market was probably the Airfix A300 and I had never seen anything like the 767 - a 1/144 civil airliner with engraved panel lines, detailed (to a point) undercarriage and a choice of engines:wub: I bought one the next day and I've never looked back since. Seeing your beauties is tempting me to get one out of the stash. Maybe next year.....

Meantime I'm looking forward to your other 767s particularly LTU Süd.

Dave G

Thank you very much Dave.

Its indeed a very fine kit.I got my first one when it got released in 1991,and I was surprised how detailed it was compared to other Revell airliner kits back then.

It must have been Revell's first airliner kit that was produced with such care.

A year later the A340 came,equally fine.

Now I am happy that Revell has it back in its catalogue and as the icing with a great decal sheet.

The LTU 767 will appear soon.

Alex