RFI: HK Models 1/48 B-17F 'Memphis Belle' Was a big Job!

A brilliant job - really doing justice to an iconic bird! :clap2::clap2:

On 12/15/2021 at 1:21 AM, Tokyo Raider said:

Hope you guys try and tackle a B-17 in 1/48!  Last one I did was the Monogram in the 1970's!  It's like a rite of passage for a modeller!

I won't argue about that; although I am happy to stick to 1:72 since my display space is at a premium. 😬

But I won't deny how much inspiration and excitement the B-17 in 1:48 creates in our hobby - I have special memories of all the model press articles about Monogram's B-17G back in the day! 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Absolutely beautiful model! The AFM should have taken photos of your build and studied them before they painted the restored Belle!

Mike

Yea, the restoration doesnt look 'right' with everything perfectly painted...  as a historical piece, would have been great to simulate 25th mission appearance...

Edited by Tokyo Raider

I do apologise if it was already explained but I would like to know why did you close the radio room hatch and waist windows? I think that such a big and detailed modern kit deserves to be displayed a bit better. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Josip said:

I do apologise if it was already explained but I would like to know why did you close the radio room hatch and waist windows? I think that such a big and detailed modern kit deserves to be displayed a bit better. 

Hey, no problem...  i do regret closing the waist guns up, but i felt detail was lacking so just closed it.  Next build I plan to have them open.  The radio room came out great and I painted wood floor with wood template...  its very cool, however I just closed it up to be different than the next one I build...

Hey Guys, thanks for all the comments...  this really was a fun build!  I want to encourage you to tackle a B-17 kit...  This HK model was a really great experience for me, and I cant express enough just how convenient the removable wing feature is!  I highly reccomend you get the HK B-17...  Happy building!