Messerschmitt Me163 'Komet'

Hi all

This is the old Revell/Dragon Me163, finished in the markings of White 18, flown by Lt Jupp Mulstroh of 2/JG400 at Brandis during late 1944.  Fairly straightforward build, although building the landing skid in the 'down' position was a bit of a challenge and I can see why a lot of these builds show them as retracted ;) 

Painted with a mix of Vallejo and Mig acrylics and using the kit decals, which despite being ancient went on fairly well.  I tried to leave a bit of a shine on the overall finish, as I understand that these aircraft were waxed and polished for maximum speed during the climb.  Anyway, here's the pics...

kICbr6k.jpg

4LL7BT5.jpg

l1yE6eh.jpg

LFwnbPD.jpg

hGHaJtS.jpg

kgHmEQP.jpg

HqQRtc5.jpg

pEQncvI.jpg

• Like 31

Hi Werdna!

Perfect „Kraftei“  !  It looks very realistic! Love the small details you paid attention to, like the red primer touch up! I built one years ago and remember no bad issues. Don’t know if the new one from Gaspatch so much better? Fortunately I got one Revell in the stash! I got shrug of fingers 😂😂

best regards 

Andy 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Werdna!

Perfect „Kraftei“  !  It looks very realistic! Love the small details you paid attention to, like the red primer touch up! I built one years ago and remember no bad issues. Don’t know if the new one from Gaspatch so much better? Fortunately I got one Revell in the stash! I got shrug of fingers 😂😂

best regards 

Andy 

3 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Yeah, great Komet model!  :clap2: I noticed the red primer too, and first thought it might be rust due to the corrosive nature of the 163's fuels.   That's a really fine scale model! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the comments :)

Andy/Gary - I took a lead from some old pics of the 'Australian' Komet - pre restoration - which showed quite a few patches of red primer, especially towards the rear.  I didn't want to over-do it though... ;) 

• Thanks 2