LCI (Large) Royal Navy "98" 1/350 - Black Cat Models

Excellent work! The model is beautifully detailed and finished. Excellent rigging, particularly that catenary. The water is quite well done; nice wave effects, excellent gloss.

Bravo! :worthy:

• Thanks 1

Well it looks like there is a bit of a love affair going here Rob with these little gems from Black Cat very impressive details and topped of with a great paint and weathering job makes it a little cracker just in time for Christmas

Very nice work mate.  :worthy:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/12/2021 at 15:30, robgizlu said:

2021 12 14_3393

Rob,

I don't want repeat the same things I had written in your earlier galleries. 

This time I'll write a few words about this photo. You won, I love it.

Fine perspective, like photo made from low-flying airplane.

Crew are standing or slowly walking, low speed, so atmosphere seems rather relaxing.

However... these Oerlikons looking into the sky say something different... And this low-flying perspective.

Fantastic!

I'm adding elevated Oerlikons to my "must buy" or "must do" list. It gives "+10" to realism effect.

Regards,

Michał

Edited by socjo1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Fellas - appreciate the kind comments.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:36 PM, socjo1 said:

However... these Oerlikons looking into the sky say something different... And this low-flying perspective.

Fantastic!

I'm adding elevated Oerlikons to my "must buy" or "must do" list. It gives "+10" to realism effect.

Regards,

Michał

Hi Michal

Simon from Micromaster has promised some examples with the "barrel not in use" - just standing vertically as they appear in many of the WW2 photos

His machine is down at the moment with normal service hopefully resuming after Christmas

Rob

• Like 1

Not sure I've ever used this word to describe a build before, but that is quite tasty. Not the sea mind, it's so realistic I wouldn't put my mouth anywhere near it... build, paint, weathering, rigging, all spot on.

However, comparing against the photo does reveal some minor inaccuracies, namely the absence of barrage balloon and seagulls. The omission of the latter is, to my mind, a punishable offence at this level of modelling (though as a former coastal-resident I can quite understand why you'd omit the pesky little...).

David

Edited by Adm Lord De Univers
can't spell latter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

However, comparing against the photo does reveal some minor inaccuracies, namely the absence of barrage balloon and seagulls. 

David

Now it's funny you should point that out David - not certain about the seagulls but..............

2021 12 20_3412

;)

Rob

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Another fantastic result Rob. Especially like the way the seascape has come out - colour, texture and general "wetness", so very convincing and realistic.

Well done!

Terry

• Thanks 1